Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I received the following from a good friend with some interesting contacts. Suffice it to say, for privacy (and security purposes), this is not some dumb civilian – either the one sending it to me, or the one who wrote to him. The one who wrote the piece, however, speaks Spanish as his first language, and also has considerable experience from a military perspective in his country of origin.

Guess what I saw in Facebook today, a Spanish nun talking about Syria. Initially I thought, “OK, another rant about the US”. Nope, a few years ago she was working in Egypt and got sick from working too much, so they decided to send her to an easy place in the Middle East: Aleppo.

This is only 5 or 6 years ago. She explained that Syria was a secular country, in Aleppo Christians (minority) and Muslims or whatever religion you had got along just fine; you would go to a house party and you had Muslims, Christians, whatever. Assad ran the country his way, everybody was used to it, no complains. Aleppo was a really nice middle-upper class city, a financial center, the second largest city in Syria but as far as economic importance, #1.

All of the sudden the ‘Arab spring’ started, the Muslim brotherhood came from other countries/places & started demonstrations and causing trouble, eventually they made their way to Aleppo and Damascus. According to her, in Aleppo the people went to the streets to demonstrate in favour of the government. Western press said they were demonstrating against the dictatorship of Assad.

Anyway, to make a long story short, it all went to sh*t from there on, ……and here we are.

She pointed out that the ‘Syrian refugees’ were not so, some were Syrian, others from just anywhere you can think off, Afghanistan, Africa, Iraq, etc, etc. According to her, Syrians whom she knows and made it to Germany have told her they are harassed by Muslims about covering up, the sharia thing, and all that stuff.

Her take was that interfering and helping the rebels was what caused this mess; Assad was doing OK, people lived well in Syria, in general they were happy.

It lines up with what you are saying. I would send you the link to the nun’s video but it’s in Spanish

Unfortunately these are just stories, from “ a nun”, the official versions are quite different.

Don’t you just hate it when some nun accuses the press of being less than honest in their “reporting?” Personally, I’ve had a weird gut feeling I just couldn’t quite put my finger on, telling me that Assad is not who we’re being told he is, and what’s going on in Syria is not what we’re being told is going on in Syria.

[Arms being sent from Benghazi to Turkey, and then almost certainly across into Syria – but to WHO? A sitting U.S. Senator (McCain) secretly crossing a border and going into a war zone so he could personally assess what’s going on? And too many other odd stories that just don’t add up, along with others that almost never come out in the MSM….]

I’ve suspected for a long time that “sumpin’s up” that we have no clue about. I think I’m well past the “suspected” stage.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Of course the “official story” is total bullsh*t, GS.

If it’s coming from an “official” source – ie: Da Gubbermint or the “legit” media – then it’s a lie. Or at least not 100% truth.

I’ve been talking to some people who are in a unique position to actually have a good take on what’s going on in Syria. Boots on the ground type deal…

In addition to the involvement of the UN, the US, the Russians, Turks, etc, there’s no less than 6 more factions of varying strength in play in addition to the main two: the Assad regime on one side and the Muslim Brotherhood on the other. Coupled with shifting allegiances, it’s a complete and total cluster-****.

And none of which address the real issue: that Assad has been in power since the 1970’s and has had prior dealings with The Mooslime Brotherhood – see: Hama Rules.

http://middleeast.about.com/od/syria/f/hama-rules.htm

He knows how he’s dealing with them is the ONLY way you can deal with them. Anyone caught in the way? They were put there – or kept from leaving – intentionally by one side or the other.

Assad is a secular leader and favors reforms. The Russians support Assad. Whereas WE are supporting those who are fighting against Assad… commonly referred to as “the rebels” – which makes no damn sense given that THAT means we are supporting the Muslim Brotherhood and those guys are the ones pulling off terrorist attacks in the West…

It could be as simple as there are those in the Military Industrial Complex and higher up want to keep Russia as a boogeyman because we need a Bad Guy in order to keep the Military Industrial Complex grinding along and making bank for a select few at the top… because war is good business… for some.

Or it could be as Machiavellian as us “Officially” backing the Muslim Brotherhood – despite their open hostility to the West – and ginning up sympathy for the “refugees” via the lying POS “legitimate” media because those near the levers of power want to seed the “refugees” in and amongst us – on purpose – to create an even BIGGER problem… because when things get bad and the citizenry demands that someone “do something”, they can effect a massive power grab.

After pinky-swearing that they will put down that power when “the Crisis” has passed… which they have no intention of doing.

Either way, those “refugees” are not what they seem and I think it currently is setting the stage for one God-Awful war both here in the US and in our ancestral homelands in Europe…

War is coming. Whatever you think you have, it ain’t enough. Not by half.

Perhaps not this year… or even the next… or the year after that. But it’s coming. And it will take more than courage to face it.

I would say “Merry Christmas” at this point, but it almost seems like blasphemy… so… I will say use this time we have been given to your advantage…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

If I had to bet, I’d put my money on the Military Industrial Complex, and those that believe we need a good war to strengthen the economy. Why? Simply because history has taught me that lesson for more decades (and wars) than I wish I had to admit to. But over the past 2½ years after finally putting some huge pieces together and recognizing the overall concept of fundamental evil (and a whole book’s worth behind that), I wouldn’t rule anything out. Clearly, the “refugee crisis” was and is manufactured for purposes we wish we didn’t even have to contemplate, whether it’s the “refugees” coming across our southern border, or those being brought in by the plane load, or even those streaming across into Europe.

Are we gonna have another war soon? I have little doubt, for a variety of reasons. Just as one small clue, I live in an area not too far from Ft. Benning and know a few people down there (and keep up on news in the area). Ft. Benning just lost the 3rd Brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division – a very large loss to the local area surrounding the installation. The large piece of real estate devoted to the 3rd Brigade is NOT being put to another use. The buildings are NOT being torn down. Instead, the Post spent a huge amount of money simply moth-balling that area, and will spend considerably more annually over the coming years to maintain all of the property (buildings, etc.) out there. Why? As the CG put it to the local community leaders recently, they don’t have to worry too long about the hit to the local economy, because by 2021 (I think was his deadline) they’d have another brigade level organization in there again, with all the military, civilians, and family members. And he said that was the longest they’d have to wait, but it would probably be less. 2021 is only 4 years and 10 days away. I’ve used my signature line for years, long before migrating to this forum from a previous (now defunct) one. It’s based in a fundamental belief I have regarding what all is really going on.

As for “Merry Christmas,” Malgus, there’s nothing stopping individuals and families to have exactly that within their own little sphere of influence, regardless of the evil going on outside. We can have that AND use this time to our best advantage. Plus, it seems we’re allowed to say “Merry Christmas” again in this country, even if just for a little while.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

The only thing McCain knows about war , is how to be shot down and surrender …………..oh ! and how to try to send YOUR kids to war , a thing that he was an absolute failure at . Makes me wonder if he is French . Sorry if it steps on toes , but I have to agree with Trump , POWs are not heros , they are POWs , no more , no less . The heros are the ones that didnt get captured , and the ones that didnt make it back . That is true with any war . Being from Arizona , I would vote for ANYBODY , even a liberal democrat , just to try to get that dirtbag out of office . Like a cancer , he is still there . I think we are going to see many changes ahead in the Middle East . I also think that the phony neo cold war , will be coming to an end , rather shortly . Two Nationalists , representing two powerful nations , working together to fix problems obvious to a blind man . They are not going to be best buddies , but there are some things they are on the same page about .

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Tolik, I’m not as trusting and optimistic about Putin, but I have to agree to a fair extent none the less. I’m at least cautiously hopeful that he really is “just” a nationalist, and willing to work within a two-pole world. How he’ll factor in China, I’m not sure, but I think the communist leanings in him may lean toward allowing China about as much latitude in their sphere, as long as it’s east- and southward, as they want (within reason – though there may be not a lot he can do about it anyway). But I’ve watched and read a lot of Putin’s positions, speeches, etc., for the past few years, and have gained a much different take on him than I ever entertained before. He MAY really be interested primarily if not solely on Russian interests, and doesn’t particularly care about western Europe, for example, as long as they’re not interested in harming his interests. Plus, he repeatedly talks about the two major super powers in the world, almost fondly. I think he sees that as world stability – him in the east, us in the west, keeping tabs on everybody else. I find it very fascinating what he is REALLY saying, over and over, yet it’s never presented in our “media.” So as I said, I’m cautiously (may be an understatement) optimistic about the partnership he and Trump can negotiate. I think that if Putin trusts Trump, Russia becomes much less of a potential threat. HOWEVER – that can also be part of the old classic communist strategy, too. And also like I said above, I don’t trust Putin. As Reagan said, “Trust but verify.”

GS

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I see Putin more as a Mafioso , than a Communist . Why ? He likes money and the rich life , he likes it a lot ! . As a KGB officer , he could see first hand , WHY Communism was a failure . He could have steered Russia in that direction , but did not . Instead , he directed it in a direction more in line with Western European forms . Many of the KGB went into the Russian Mafia when they found themselves out of a job . I have no doubt Putin and old buddies have stayed in close contact . What I see is a Crime Family , on a national level , with Putin as a kind of godfather . It is well known that he gets kick backs , and has created a infrastructure , of banks , agencies , etc. in order to get those kickbacks . Corrupt ? Yes , but that type of corruption has been going on in that country , sense the Czars . Its just accepted , much like it is in Mexico . Putin and Trump are Nationalists , the Chinese leader is a Globalist …………this puts them at natural odds with each other ( Globalism IS Communism repackaged ) . Time will tell , but I do think Trump and Putin have more in common , than less . Russia and China have been cautious allies , pretty much because of the behavior of the third jackass in the power triad , the United States . But they , never really liked each other . I have to agree with Putins fondness of a bi polar system ……things were better then . Its possible that China could turn out to be the worlds new scape goat , much like the Soviet Union . We are living in interesting times ………………….cant say I like that , but I have no control over it . I would love to see more Russian blood spilled in the middle east , and less American , that cant happen in the status quo . Joint actions to clean up the mess is desirable , if the map has to be redrawn , who cares . It was done after WW2 when Israel was created .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.