Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Like any news , you have to take it with a grain of salt . Once in awhile he comes up with something of substance , problem is , most of the time its so over the top , that he couldnt sell reindeer to Santa . $hit Romney !!!!???? , not buyin it . Like anything else , wait and see .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Wheeeeee! Another Romney run? Reince Romney and Mitt Priebus can drop off the face of the earth as far as I’m concerned (and those are my polite thoughts). I can only hope Alex Jones is off on one of his crazy tangents yet again (this time with outside help).

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

GS ,
    Depends on if he is off his meds again , not that he doesnt see goblins under his bed every night as it is .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

While this isn’t directly related to the thread topic, it directly follows a previous post in which Alex Jones’ claimed there is a well-funded plan to unseat trump using Romney. So rather than start a new thread since this hasn’t been active since the Jones video, here are two items that just popped up in the news:

Ben Carson doesn’t see “a political path forward.” He plans an announcement on Friday. Additionally, he does not plan to attend the debate in Detroit tomorrow night – his home town. His campaign chairman sent out an email to supporters stating, “the reality is that our political efforts must come to a close.”

— and —

Romney to Lay Out Case Against Trump in Speech Thursday

If Romney expects to enter the race and try to get enough delegates to deny Trump a Majority, he’s got a snowball’s chance. The only states that haven’t passed their filing deadlines are: CT (this Friday), OR, NE, MT, CA, SD, and NJ (in that order). OH, NY, and FL are all closed. CA is the only delegate-rich state left. The RNC is getting desperate. If nothing else, it will become “interestinger and interestinger.”

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Fresh recession will cause eurozone collapse, warns Swiss bank

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/03/02/recession-will-lead-to-eurozone-collapse-warns-french-bank/

“Growth in Europe’s dominant economic power Germany has steadied to just 0.3pc”

I think I hear sirens off in the distance.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Add the following:

Americans have about $11.1 trillion in their “digital” bank accounts. But there’s only $1.35 trillion of “paper” money in circulation.

According to Zero Hedge, $100 bills account for 80% of the “paper” money in circulation. If the government got rid of the $100 bill, there would be just $271 billion worth of “paper” money…or one “paper” dollar for every 41 “digital” dollars.

If you’re going move some cash outside the digital financial system, do it soon. If you wait until other folks catch on to the government’s War on Cash, it may be too late.

http://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/will-you-get-your-money-out-in-time

So – what happens with large bank runs when the total amount of paper money is only 12% of the deposited “dollars” in the bank? They literally cannot come up with enough paper money to satisfy everyone even in just a fairly substantial bank run.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

reason for the war on cash is to be able to negative interest rate all your money as a extra tax with no way out. First you pay tax then put into your account at -4.5% so you spend it or lose more let alone any inflation and then one time tax on currently tax deferred items like retirement savings which will now be at -4.5% since digital and in the bank.

war on cash is there to screw you out of any option to not participate in a fraudulent economy, yes there is solids like silver and gold but limited amounts, think mark of the beast to trade.

you can go to digital currency like bit coins, it comes with a stigma and only in very large metro areas will it be accepted.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Now Japan is trying out a new idea:

Fingerprints to be tested as ‘currency’

Starting this summer, the government will test a system in which foreign tourists will be able to verify their identities and buy things at stores using only their fingerprints.

The government hopes to increase the number of foreign tourists by using the system to prevent crime and relieve users from the necessity of carrying cash or credit cards. It aims to realize the system by the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games.

The experiment will have inbound tourists register their fingerprints and other data, such as credit card information, at airports and elsewhere.

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0002859676

Can’t wait for it to hit the U.S. Then again, maybe I can….

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes cashless society that way they can control all of us. They can tax us without telling us what the percent is or will be tomorrow. No more garage sales with no cash. So how would you sell your gold or silver? Well it all will go direct deposit so they can tax you or take it from you. The end of all freedoms. They will know how much you spend and on what you are buying(guns and ammo) so they do not need to register your guns since they will know who is purchasing everything. One World Order(Total Dictatorship of the World).

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

“Total Dictatorship of the World” Yes, of course! Reminds me of a shtick I saw on TV, back in the ’50s when I still watched it. “The Honeymooners” was a regular part of the Jackie Gleason Show, a comedy skit based in the continuing battle of the sexes (back when we still had sexes.)

Ralph Kramden (Gleason) was mouthing off to his wife, Alice (Audrey Meadows) about how he was the boss of the household. “I’m the boss, got it? I’m the boss, and you’re nothing! Understand? I’m the boss — got that? — and you’re nothing! Got it? After a few more belligerent assertions, Alice interrupts with, “You’re the boss?”

“That’s right!” :
    “And I’m nothing?”
    That’s right, that’s right!
    “You’re the boss and I’m nothing.”
    “You got it!”

“Big deal — You’re the boss over nothing!” (Classic — wish I could find that on video.)

But all Ralph had was a big, loud mouth, and a wife smarter than he. The World Order has nukes, designer diseases, infinite $$, and hordes of sheeple.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Gold and silver in SHTF revisited:

About a month and a half ago I raised a question that had occurred to me regarding gold and silver in a true SHTF situation, where the normal financial system simply did not exist, and we were all on some sort of make-up-the-rules-as-we-go system. I said,

This is just my own relatively recent conjecture, and frankly I hope someone can shoot it out of the water – because I don’t like the looks of it. But I can’t figure out a way that precious metals, even in recognizable form (“junk” pre-1965 silver coins, Silver or Gold Eagles, Krugerrands, Maple Leafs, etc.) would really have any quantifiable value ….

I seemed to be a lone voice with an unjustified concern at the time. Just by luck, when looking for something entirely different for a friend, and to point him to the SHTF blog, I ran across this by Selco:

No, gold and silver was not like second money, or second value during SHTF, it was not even worth like in normal times … . If you had for example 1000 gold coins, and let s say that one coin worth 150 USD in normal times, you could think that you are rich in shtf.

But in reality it was hard to find someone who give you some food or battery or whatever useful for one coin. Gold coin was not useful for 90 percent of people, what they could use it for? Eat it? Start fire with that?

Selco finished up with this:

So in short instead of getting gold and silver to preserve your wealth you might consider getting useful stuff and if you like gold there is always option to get it from unprepared people in exchange for useful stuff if you think you need this for times after.

That was real world experience, and exactly what I was thinking about. How would it be valued? Where could it be traded in for “real money” when a “real money” system no longer exists? And other related questions that don’t seem to have easy answers. So I’m back to where I was 1½ months ago, thinking that gold and silver aren’t quite the perfect answer so many people might think they are. They would probably be great if a “real” economy of some sort later re-emerged, as Selco also pointed out at the end of the article, but in the short- to intermediate-term, functional commodities and services would seem to be the most useful form of trade in a post-SHTF situation. The entire blog post is at:

http://shtfschool.com/trading/on-buying-gold-silver-for-survival-preparedness/

An advantage I DO see for gold and silver would be in a hyper-inflation situation that might precede a full-blown SHTF, assuming we don’t immediately go into SHTF due to a significant nuclear attack, or particularly an massive EMP situation that wipes out everything electronic for many years (which would destroy the financial system immediately when even the digits would have been figuratively fried). But if there’s a lead-up to full-blown SHTF, Zimbabwe style in the early 2000s, having a quantity of gold and/or silver would be very useful for somewhat keeping up with the hyper-inflation, and would potentially allow conversion back to the inflated money long enough to still go out and buy things that otherwise would no longer be affordable. The metals, particularly if in very recognizable and verifiable form (such as Krugerrands, Maple Leafs, Gold and Silver Eagles, as well as pre-1965 U.S. “junk” silver) would be a means of at least preserving some value as opposed to a bunch of worthless paper that had been inflated out of any value.

A former editor of a now defunct precious metals newsletter once said he was converting literally almost all of his liquid and semi-liquid assets to hard currency (mostly gold) – he was that sure that the $US was about to go down the tubes (like his newsletter ended up doing). I remember thinking at the time that betting all of one’s assets on one scenario was contrary to a fundamentally basic rule of investment: diversification. Plus, it just seemed all too risky at a gut level. (He should have stuck to just his excellent picking of gold and silver mining companies for investment in today’s economy, and left the SHTF preps to those experts. <grin> )

There are too many different SHTF scenarios that would each require different strategies. My thought at the time was that if I had a big enough storage facility, I’d almost rather have 100,000 rolls of toilet paper or a massive excess of food storage for trade, than $100,000 in gold coins if I was wealthy enough now to make that choice. Selco’s real world experience would seem to support that thinking. There’s a place for gold and/or silver, a place for food, and a place for toilet paper, which comes back to that investment fundamental: diversify, diversify, diversify. Be prepared for as many different scenarios as you can think of – and then try to think of more.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“I seemed to be a lone voice with an unjustified concern at the time”
    I think generally there is a lot of agreement and disagreement that goes without comment.

If you get down to the basics what has the most value? Water, food and shelter, then the materials that support obtaining and keeping them. If I have plenty of food I might want TP, but if I’m starving I rather have food as the TP will be useless. Would I be able to find someone that had enough surplus to trade gold for food? I don’t know if that will be true. Lead, now I’m fairly certain I could trade lead for other goods.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I like the food, water, and lead. All three will be on top of the list. Now if it is not a collapse of the economy but a depression that we can get out of then gold and silver will go up.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The chip credit card isn’t functioning at most of the places I buy things. I can’t imagine how I would barter a 100oz bar of silver. It would have to be something of a durable nature. A car a gun a tractor a medical procedure, land. It’s just odd that the best time to have precious metals is when there is “no government”. The totality of government services and credit would have to be completely abolished/abandoned. A fully functional John Galt economy…. a NWO in existence.

Laugh… But stranger things have happened in history. 1776 being one of them. The world turned upside down.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

A new movie is out….. ?

The Big Short

Now you can compare what you saw and what Hollywood has recreated of the 2008 singularity.

More bankers and politicians should have gone to jail? Laugh as Hillary defends her wall st. Speeches. She stood up to the bankers…LOL. And like Bill made millions.

Hillary 4 Prison . 2016 repeat 2008.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.