Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    bushrat
    bushrat
    Survivalist
    member4

In case y’all haven’t seen this yet, our dictatorial regime is at it again. This time they are going after Social Security and SSDI recipients. Check out this LA Times article and write your representatives, today!

And it’s not just people like the NRA that are concerned about this:
    Ari Ne’eman, a member of the National Council on Disability, said, “the independent federal agency would oppose any policy that used assignment of a representative payee as a basis to take any fundamental right from people with disabilities.”

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/la-na-gun-law-20150718-story.html#page=2

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Good thing I just bought an FAL today at a gun show . I’m not disabled , but we can see where this is going , get them while you can …………………………

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I have never felt the need for counseling of any sort, but given the manner in which the govt is stretching definitions in order to deny people 2nd Amendment rights, should I ever feel in need of counseling I won’t do it. My guess is there will be many who feel the same way.

Profile photo of Proteus 55
    Proteus 55
    Survivalist
    rprepper

This is extremely interesting and at the same time, worrying development. Where is this going to end? Are they going to expand the list of definitions in order to deny people their right to bear arms? I have always respected the Founding Fathers and their writings have inspired me throughout the years. Does it seem as if the present government is doing its best to go against the Constitution?…

I have no doubt that the people love the Constitution and their country enough as to prevent attempts to destroy their liberty and their children’s freedom in the years to come. A totalitarian regime, whether that is a global dictatorship, a regime made of power hungry politicians within the country or something else, is a thing to be detested and resisted. People should spread the word, to make others aware of what’s happening…because once the dictatorship gains a solid foothold, it won’t let go very easily and soon the war on words will make communication and freedom of speech very difficult.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Proteus ,
    it will end in civil war . Period .
    Every time there is a new threat , the sales of guns and ammunition triple . As you know there have been ammunition ” shortages ” every once in awhile . They are not actually shortages , but more simply , manufactures cant keep up with demand at these times . Not their fault , they can not predict these things . Even people who are not pro gun , have started to buy them for self protection . They are being bought , stored , buried , etc………..just in case .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Time to go listen to “Silent Running” again.

Profile photo of Proteus 55
    Proteus 55
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Let’s hope that it doesn’t end in civil war… civil wars are dreadful things. The scars stay for decades or more amidst the decimated population. Nearly every case resulted in de-spirited people, as the ferocity of both sides caused numerous wrongs and guilty consciences, and war crimes committed on civilians…neither side remained innocent or “pure” for long enough. I hope that another way is found to resolve this.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Another possibility is secession of groups of states , forming new nations . That has actually been predicted for this country in a long term scenario .

bushrat
    bushrat
    Survivalist
    member4

Let’s hope that it doesn’t end in civil war… civil wars are dreadful things. The scars stay for decades or more amidst the decimated population.

Agreed. Too many people, especially on “prepping” sites, are longing for the USA to get into a civil war thinking their going to go “Rambo” on everybody. I’m afraid they’re in for a rude awakening. It won’t be pretty, and too many people are going to die from gun shots to diseases.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Time to buy a LeMat pistol to go with my ebony sword cane.

bushrat
    bushrat
    Survivalist
    member4

Another possibility is secession of groups of states , forming new nations . That has actually been predicted for this country in a long term scenario .

Do you really think the Federal government is going to tolerate a move like that? It didn’t work in our last civil war.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The state of Jefferson almost made it. The vote was one day after Pearl Harbor though…. Bummer.

Without a federal government willing to enforce its borders. D.C has gone bye bye into a Disneyland theme park.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Let’s hope that it doesn’t end in civil war… civil wars are dreadful things. The scars stay for decades or more amidst the decimated population.

Agreed. Too many people, especially on “prepping” sites, are longing for the USA to get into a civil war thinking their going to go “Rambo” on everybody. I’m afraid they’re in for a rude awakening. It won’t be pretty, and too many people are going to die from gun shots to diseases.

I agree too. The old saying “Be careful what you wish for” comes to mind.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

And much like the members of the “Survivors” club from the Heinlein novel, they expect to rise to the surface and lead the nation to a glorious new age of prosperity when the most they’ve done was flip burgers and promote hate and discontent.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

This is extremely interesting and at the same time, worrying development. Where is this going to end? Are they going to expand the list of definitions in order to deny people their right to bear arms? I have always respected the Founding Fathers and their writings have inspired me throughout the years. Does it seem as if the present government is doing its best to go against the Constitution?…

Proteus, it seems to me as though the feuderal government has been subverting the Constitution throughout my lifetime, starting with piecemeal steps since at least the turn of the previous century, building as the opportunities could be generated, by now, pulling out all the stops. We are now a post-Constitutional, post-Republic Empire, despite propaganda to the contrary (of which, little is needed to quiet the sheeple.) They’ll make up laws and definitions ad libidum. And yes, they want your arms.

Just as Julius Caesar had the tactical sense to retain the form of the Roman Republic, while he and his successors gave all the orders, with the Senate and other governmental bodies (in self-preservation) going along, pretending to write Caesar’s laws, so Zero (and before him, Klintoon and Dubya) pretend that the American Republic still exists, while he and his crew make up new laws as they find them necessary. Practically, the CONgress and Extreme Court have also chosen to keep their heads on their shoulders. Notice how they jump on anyone who squeaks up.

But just as Rome was controlled by those who provided funds for its maintenance and expansion, so Zero & Co. (and his successors, if any) are also controlled by those whom they keep able to issue them debt currency, to the extent that they can squeeze their sheeple. Such modern banksters are the heirs and successors of those who knowingly financed Napoleon, Imperial Japan, Hitler, Stalin, and other lesser stooge-thugs. It took the banksters almost two centuries to recapture the USA, but they’ve done it. Who knows how long it’ll take for the next nation based on the concept of Liberty, to arise?

For the moment, all you can get is momentary bites of Freedom, to the extent that (a) the authorities are currently looking elsewhere, (b) you are prepared to act, and (c) you are bold enough tho seize the opportunity. Real Liberty awaits the next popular confluence of desire and preparation.

Cry, "Treason!"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.