Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

That’s better than it could have been.

Cry, "Treason!"

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Yup, been awful quiet around here up to that coming out.
    Still a lot of people who are keeping ‘toys’ handy.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Thanks much for the update Whirlibird. That’s a case I’ve been very interested in, and made many other people aware of over the past years or two. I’m glad (and relieved) to know it’s almost over. 120° water is far less uncomfortable than the 211° water they were previously in.

The outcome still means that he’s been going through all this for four years now, with serious stress over what could happen to him, his family, their finances, almost their very existence – and he still has no recourse against the behemoth. Now, finally, the Feds get to still harass him for another year with requirements, and he’s not allowed to sue them for anything – they walk away completely free while he and his family had to go through near-hell, and they have zero recourse, simply because they let him off so lightly, and the possible alternative would be much worse then accepting this settlement. What a load of absolute BravoSierra.

Yes, I’m seriously happy that the Johnsons are far more off the hook than it appeared they might have been, but angry that they had four years of their lives largely hijacked in the process. Beyond that, my comments are not fit to print (or utter in polite company – so I’ll stay polite).

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

I’m glad they finally reached a settlement. But if it’s 50/50 then that’s a loss. You have to wonder how irrational the world has become when there is this big of an argument over a pond. Do they expect patriot geese to fly over and leave freedom virus in the water. It must be Armageddon.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

As good an outcome as can be expected. Something that seems odd to me is that these “waters of the US” cases always seem to be out West. It never happens here and we’ve got vastly more water for them to manage. I know that water is scarce in many Western areas, but they don’t seem to build their cases on water scarcity.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of MountainBiker MountainBiker.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

They’re more afraid of the “independent” westerners, where “the People” also have a much greater complaint about the amount of “public” land that’s unusable to all those “public” “People.” The natives are more restless out there, so to speak, and need to be threatened and bullied into submission. Power and money.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Now it makes me wonder how the Feds will see these stock ponds in regard to ownership and navigability. If a waterway is navigable via watercraft, it is supposed to be able to be used/hunted/etc as long as the person on the waterway doesn’t set foot on the land if it is private. There are some legal battles starting out here in WA about that very thing. Some people have traveled up small waterways via kayak or canoe to fish on small ponds in the middle of people’s property. If it was fenced, they have called DFW to come out and make the owner take the fence down.

Too derned many laws in the country and not enough common sense…..

On a lighter note, I am VERY happy that the welder didn’t lose everything. Glad it came out as easy as it did for his family.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

If a waterway is navigable via watercraft, it is supposed to be able to be used/hunted/etc as long as the person on the waterway doesn’t set foot on the land if it is private. There are some legal battles starting out here in WA about that very thing. Some people have traveled up small waterways via kayak or canoe to fish on small ponds in the middle of people’s property. If it was fenced, they have called DFW to come out and make the owner take the fence down.

Mind bending! That fits into the category only somewhat satirically portrayed in that “Modern Educayshun” video posted elsewhere [ http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/makes-you-think-where-did-we-go-wrong/#post-48212 ]. It’s beyond comprehension while at the same time becoming more and more real.

Talk about creating cognitive dissonance! “This thing right here in front of me that I reached out and touched can’t possibly exist.”

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Sledjockey wrote:

Too derned many laws in the country and not enough common sense…..

Here’s a small breath of fresh air. I just got back from a Selectboard meeting. A woman was there complaining about the town not having a noise ordinance. She says a guy in the neighborhood is always shooting in his backyard. The Selectboard’s reaction was we can’t be telling people they can’t shoot on their own property.

As an aside, the woman was grossly exaggerating. It’s in my neighborhood and while he shoots at least once a week, sometimes twice, it is only for short periods. Nobody else in the neighborhood has a problem with it. I pulled the Selectboard Chair aside after the meeting and told him that. The solution is to just ask the guy to not shoot on Sunday afternoons and she’ll be happy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.