Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of riverrat
    riverrat
    Survivalist
    member1

Hi! I’m Ed
    I’m in my mid sixties. I had two tours in Vietnam and almost made it to Iraq but didn’t go. I have always liked history and began to notice some similarities between todays events and the events preceding the start of WWI and the start of WWII. I also noticed the similarity to many descriptions in Apocalypse ( Revelation ). After all, how many nations have ceased to exist for almost 2,000 years and then popped back into existence?

How long have I been “Preping”? For a number of years now, mentally and physically and spiritually.

Ed

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Welcome aboard sir. Care to talk about your experiences in ‘Nam? Like yourself I’m a lover of history, military mostly, so I always take the chance to talk to Veterans about where they were, what they saw and did, etc.

Again, welcome!

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a spell.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Ed!

riverrat
    Survivalist
    member1

Mr. Red
    It is nice to meet you! I was in the U.S.Navy on a destroyer. It was pretty simple really. We would cruise up and down the coast and provide gun-fire support for any of our troops that called for it. Later we were sent north for a mission called “Linebacker Strike”. I understand that the Air Force also had a similarly named mission, however I was low in the enlisted ranks and was not consulted about these things. What we did ( the entire Desron ) was to run into Haiphong (SP?) harbor at night and shoot any available targets. Then we would pull back out and unrep during the day. They did not like getting shot at and they always shot back. When I got back state-side I came off of active duty but stayed in the reserves. I wound up in a boat unit and liked it. We were organized into detachments and my detachment never was called for Iraq.

I must say that I have only been to Canada once ( Victoria ) and it was beautiful! I would love to visit again soon.

Ed

riverrat
    Survivalist
    member1

Thank you Whirlibird, I intend to learn as much as I can so I hope to be here awhile.

Ed

riverrat
    Survivalist
    member1

Thank you Selco. I intend to keep my family and friends alive and healthy. I also intend to resist as best that I can.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Ed, First thank you for your service to the country and for the freedoms I and my family in joy everyday.
    I have a very good high school friend that was in the U.S.Navy, I am always thanking him.

I am happy that you are preparing and hope you share as much of what you know with all of us.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Ed,
    Glad to have you here!
    Can’t wait to learn from you.
    Welcome!
    Hannah

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I also intend to resist as best that I can.

This is something that can make the difference once SHTF. Welcome on board!

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

riverrat
    Survivalist
    member1

Freedom, Hannah and Jay

Thank you for your welcome. Freedom, you and all Americans are welcome for any service that I have been able to do for you. I have a family heritage of military service. My dad served in the Navy in the Pacific in WW2 and my mom served in the Army in the European Theater ( England, France, Germany). Moms’ sister served in the Air Force in the early ’50s’. Both of my brothers joined the Army, and my oldest son is in the Navy.
    Hannah, If I see areas where I have knowledge to fill gaps I will try to do so. I also expect to learn from others on the forum.
    Jay, my resistance will be what ever it can be. I will protect my family and friends and do what I can to fight oppression. There is a book that I read in my youth that was the story of a family caught in the Philippine Islands at the start of WW2 and how they survived the Japanese Invasion. You might find it interesting. It is called “Gods’ arms around us”.

Ed

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Sorry for the lateness, but Welcome!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Welcome aboard, riverrat.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of RangerRick
    RangerRick
    Survivalist
    member1

Hi Ed,

I too am a Nam Vet. Combat medic with 5th Grp SF. Just got out in 2010, I was at Camp Atterbury in Indiana from 2005 to 2010 training troops for Iraq, Afghanistan and Kosovo. We started training troop for US and I retired and move to North Idaho.

I too think we are screwed. I teach Survival and Emergency Preparedness through out the American Redoubt, local University and groups like the Scouts, Tea Party, OATH KEEPERS and such

Thank you for your service, RangerRick

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

RangerRick, Thank you for your service. Please post anything that you think we need to know. Help all of us perpare so that we can help in a SHTF. Again I really mean this THANK YOU!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.