Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Too expensive. We couldn’t replace our home here for much less than twice the price out there, and three times the property taxes, sadly. We’re stuck.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Can’t blame me for trying.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

IIRC, didn’t Eisenhower deport over 2 million back to Mexico during his presidency? Where there’s a will, there is a way. Our current situation is not the first time we’ve had to deal with invaders (the proper term for those entering our country illegally and not to become citizens or incorporate our way of life as their own).

He loaded up several boat loads of them and shipped them back, the long way so that they wouldn’t want to come back.

Then we had old man Kennedy push through the Immigration Act in the mid 60’s that removed a lot of vetting and opened up welfare type programs to support new immigrants.

You can decide for yourself how well that worked.

http://ageofdecadence.com

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of sledjockey sledjockey.
    Profile photo of benjammin
    benjammin
    Survivalist
    member3

It is the mixing of terms that has us at odds.

Refugees are not immigrants.

Illegal immigrants are not immigrants.

There is no law that says anyone traveling to this country, legally or otherwise, is entitled to citizen status.

Last time I checked, we were still a sovereign nation. Citizenship is not something that can be easily revoked. It should likewise not be something easily obtained.

Thus, it is, or should be, extremely difficult to abrogate the legal requirements of being a citizen of this country. If we do intend to go down that path, we should be very aware of the unintended consequences before committing.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Can’t blame me for trying.

Nope! And I appreciate it. Unfortunately, we’ve looked, and looked, and looked some more, and have pretty well determined that given age, family, financial, and other considerations, we’re pretty much stuck here in the South. Fortunately, it still has its good points despite the true Marxists (not the same as communists) trying to screw everything up everywhere. Oh – and besides – we don’t want to end up glowing in St. George, courtesy of the Nevada test site (yet another of the Great American Cover-ups). ;-)

http://www.toxipedia.org/display/wanmec/Radioactive+Fallout+to+St.+George,+UT

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The word for the day today is: “symptomatic” – as in, “This is highly symptomatic of the problem.” [Stone Mountain is a suburb of Atlanta, just outside the Interstate loop on the east side.]

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. – DeKalb County School District Superintendent Stephen Green believes diversity makes America stronger, and by that measure the school district is a powerhouse.

Green issued a statement recently to highlight diversity in the district and urge compassion for its immigrant and refugee students, which come from dozens of different countries and speak dozens of different languages, The Champion Newspaper reports.

“We are hearing a lot of conversation right now, some of it extreme, about how residents from originally outside our country should be treated,” Green wrote. “We have 102,000 students here. They come from more than 180 countries, and they speak 140 languages.

MUCH too close to home. If I could handle the cold, I’d be moving up MB’s way! This is suicide.

Come on up, it was above zero this morning and we have a lovely blue sky today. Down at the Town Hall I heard folks taking about the upcoming sugaring season. Life is good.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

ABOVE 0° ?!? Heck, it only gets BELOW 0° around here about once every 5-10 years! Even the teens is rare. Today it was also the most beautiful blue skies with not a cloud to be seen until very late in the day. And – oh – did I mention that the high in mid=February today was a modest 75°? LOL!

I do appreciate the invite, really. But I think we’ll have to pass. We drove over into Alabama today and were way off any 4-lane roads. I have to remind myself that there really are some peaceful places still left down here. Just don’t want none of that Atlanta action, complete with Congressman John Lewis leading the charge.

(But then again, maple syrup is a premium item down here ….) ;-)

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

GS, I pay $11 a quart for maple syrup made on the farm across the way from me. Also from my neighborhood I get a dozen jumbo eggs delivered every week for $2; 2 pound jars of honey are $15, and ground beef is about $3 a pound.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Drool….. ;-)

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

So the new twist to the Flynn story is Mocking Jay. Follow the melody across the forest and see which little birdie Lib-spy journalists join in …. Then arrest them, for leaking classified info. A serious crime if the motive is to destroy a president/commit or appear to support treason. They did the deed now let them hang. Figuratively speaking.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Brulen I have to agree that the leaks are a serious crime. I think that to arrest these criminals he needs to have his people in the CIA and NSA setup traps of leaks that look like bad news for the Trump team but are not true and have his people watch who looks at them to arrest them all. This is one of many traps that they need to play to filter out these liberal radicals in the NSA and CIA. It will take time.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Though there are hints of a hit-piece even within this article, the article still makes several excellent points about the “deep state” trying to undo literally the entire government itself, and turn us into a dictatorship by the unelected. Maybe it’s just the way I’m reading this (not surprising, given the source), but I sense two different messages. But the illegal “leaking” of classified information, and the complicity (partnership!) of the media aspect of the story is excellent food for thought.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444934/michal-flynn-russia-release-tape-call-russian-ambassador

It is indeed an American Civil War, fought in a very different way than we might have expected.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Obama was the vile reprehensible villain in the whole tale. It’s acknowledged he started the Fisa investigation into Trump and his political team. We know how that ended. In the Trump tower with 3 clowns and a midget telling Trump he had to resign or they would blackmail him. That was the IC product. If you were President and saw this first hand along with the Schumer threats of them getting you …. well it would be a shock. The house cleaning has just begun in the corridors of invisible power.
    Networks of powerful people will be exposed. The potential offing risk still seems very high.

The press conference at noonish was good. The “star” reporter system still asking insulting questions. He indulged them. Tried to explain. But you know pompous asses. They only tried harder. The previous Obama left everything in a mess and these reporter pukes can’t see past their own noses. Classified info leaked thru them is a criminal act. The President Trump is warning them as CIC not their little media whipping boy. The Donald will find these insidious leakers and deal with them.

So goes day x of cw2.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I can hardly wait for the first arrest, conviction, and harsh sentencing of a government employee that violated his oath of office. I will CHEER that day, and let out a huge grin as I think about the fear and trembling that would then be surging through the others who’d engage in or been a part of such “leaks.” Good grief! You and I can’t even know what goes on in a FISA court, yet their authorizations are just the kinds of things that have been involved in these leaks. Utterly upside down. Bring on the investigations, ruin some lives very publicly of those guilty, and change the entire tone in D.C. (even if it will be characterized as “political witch hunts” with the guilty parties being called “political prisoners”). Yep! Bring it on – FIGHT this war!

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Was Flynn a leaker? He’s been ruined. The new guy, McMaster, a military historian with a Ph.D. That’s an interesting choice. He would have a broader perspective on partisan warfare. Experience in Iraq. How to deal with mobs of liberal nut cases and practice counterinsurgency at the same time in a country dividing itself by ideology. Forewarned is forearmed.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.