Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Here’s the link for those who haven’t seen it’

So what are your thoughts on it guys? I know it’s not real but lets use it as a learning experience. What would you do if it were to really happen?

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

We watched it, and yes, many scenarios gave us food for thought. However, I actually think it is much too tame for the reality that will ensue if something of this magnitude occurred. The ending was a little too sweet & nice…”all will be well in the end” is our conditioning from movies and TV. Maybe this time, when it really happens, the ending will not be a happy one…for most, anyway.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I watched it too and it is not what a real EMP would look like. The government knows that an EMP on the country would last over a year maybe two. After the first two weeks they would not be able to control what is happening.

The nights will be very bad. After the first month many would die and the ones alive will be looking for food to take from the ones that have.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Freedom it’s based on cyber attacks and not an EMP.

Yeah wild I do agree that it was pretty tame to what it would be like in real life, but I guess that they didn’t want to make it as realistic as possible in that aspect, or weren’t allowed lol

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

It was meant to get people thinking not to be 100% realistic.
    real would be boring and bloody.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mr. Red, You are right the autos were working so it was a cyber attack. In a cyber attack we really do not know how fast it would come back.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

I agree. A bit tame to make for mainstream programming (and ad support). But nonetheless help mainstream sheeple more aware of potential issue. They could have done more with the how gangs will exploit the weak.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

I have to admit this was one of the first I had watched as a kid. I dont mind admitting after watching it at the age of 8 yrs old it scared the crap out of me!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.