Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AncientVoice
    AncientVoice
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

As the title says, if I’m talking, I’m not learning. I always help if I can, but I don’t usually offer too much as there are a lot of other people a lot smarter than I am.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

Learned to prep from my parents. Dad was a plumber and was unemployed in the winters and never knew when to expect layoffs, so they would keep the freezer full. Mom would can, sew and make due with what we had. After spending 7 years in the Marines I saw the wisdom of their ways.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

As of late, I see too much in the news and out of the news. While I pray for things not to go wrong and don’t expect the bottom to drop out of the economy at any moment, I remain prepared and remain vigilant.

Nothing in particular, but try to be ready for most anything. Short power outages, long term economic decay or anything that can disrupt day to day common expectations.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Stay at the ready. Situational awareness is of the utmost importance.

God, family and country.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

“I’ve lived well, now I will die well. Love you bride!”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hey Ancient Voice! An American I can relate to

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Very nice – good to have you here, and welcome!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Welcome to the forum! Just being aware of whats going on and prepared if something happens is what really matters. Glad you had the right upbringing to learn this early on.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Ancient Voice

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

AncientVoice,
    Great to have you here!
    Thanks for you service in the Marines.
    I’m excited to learn from the others here as well.
    Hannah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.