Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I have seen several recipes here for energy bars and other survival foods and it got me to thinking about something Selco mentioned a long time ago. I remember him talking about the concoctions they ate during his survival time. If SHTF lasts for a long period of time we could all get pretty tired of the same old freeze dried food, MREs or whatever we have stored. This becomes an even bigger factor if kids are involved. If you have an recipe for a conventional food made with unconventional ingredients then please add it to the thread. Even a little change in flavor can break the monotony of the same old same old. My contribution is below.

Cauliflower Pizza
    Ingredients
    2 cups finely chopped cauliflower
    1 egg
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1/2 tsp dried minced garlic
    1/2 tsp onion salt
    1/2 cup tomato/marinara sauce
    1/2 cup shredded cheese
    Any other toppings you wish
    Pie plate or other oven safe round dish

Directions
    Chop cauliflower in food processor or what ever means you have available at the time. Chop to fine crumbly consistence not puree. Cook in microwave for 8 minutes or steam until tender but not mushy. Add egg and seasonings to cauliflower and mix thoroughly. Spray oven safe dish with non stick spray.Press mixture into bottom of oven safe dish to form the crust. Spray crust lightly with non stick spray.Place crust in a 450 degree oven for 15 min or until golden brown.Spread tomato sauce, cheese and other desires toppings as you would with any other pizza. Put in oven and cook on broil for 3-4 minutes or until toppings are hot and cheese is bubbly.

I was skeptical of this recipe until my wife made it the other day. I will not lie and say “Oh it tastes just like pizza” because it doesn’t but it is pretty close considering the ingredients.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Ok I know there are some ex military here and I know you all had concoctions you used to whip up from your MREs. You know crackers and drink mix stuff like that. Just trying to give others ideas on ways to change things up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.