Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I found this article to be very interesting, has some maps with some facts. This is what I think may happen before a financial collapse.

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2014/07/25/all-signs-point-to-a-coming-emp-attack-upon-the-united-states/

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Maybe, maybe not… but it is definitely possible. We need to be ready for ANYTHING.

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Just be prepared for lfe (for however long) without electricity – period. It will happen. Don’t waste your energy trying to figure out when, who will cause it or when. It will happen at some point. Deal with it now and be done with it. Much of the answer speaks to facing the fact you don’t want that change and what it entails. It isn’t, really THAT scarey folks. Just think – it will probably be a blessing in many ways – one of which…you won’t hear, read or whatever every little news cycle/internet post of the minute or hour that sets your fear meter off. Not so many years ago life was much simpler and peaceful because people didn’t have the internet, telling them of every little hiccup and tragedy of life a world a way that they couldn’t do anything about anyway. Heads down. read less what if’s. Consider probabilities as you yourself see them to be, and rather, spend your time and energy doing something about it…i.e. preparing.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

tweva, if the grid is taken down, a major part of the population will be dead fairly quickly. Few are self sufficient and those that are may or may not be able to fight off the starving hordes. The inevitable meltdowns of the nuclear power plants will poison much of the land.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

MountainBiker …am well aware of all of that having studied the subject since the 80’s…

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

tweva, sorry if I misunderstood where you were coming from, but an emp is my absolutely worse fear being the chances of recovery are slim to none. However, sometimes I do think how pleasantly simple life was in the pre-internet days when I didn’t know what I know now. Last weekend I was on the party circuit visiting 3 households in MA & NH for cookouts and found myself thinking how nice and simple the lives were of the friends & relatives that I was visiting, their all being oblivious to the threats that loom.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>MountainBiker wrote:</div>Last weekend I was on the party circuit visiting 3 households in MA & NH for cookouts and found myself thinking how nice and simple the lives were of the friends & relatives that I was visiting, their all being oblivious to the threats that loom.

MountainBiker – For me, the absolute hardest thing in ‘prepping’, and educating myself about the true ‘state of civilization’ on our planet has been the keeping one foot in the here and now and the other in the unknown future. A balancing act I even now have to pull myself up short often. More specifically, I mentally work on not letting ‘fear’ and ‘threats’ of some nebulous, unknown set of future events consume my life and mind. So, a few years ago I decided that, given my belief that there is some one/entity or organization with a plan for the universe (I see the evidence in my work with Mother Nature daily) that 1) I’d just do my best to be diligent, work hard to become as self-sufficient as I can and trust I will ‘know’ when I must shift into some other gear. and 2) believing as I do that ‘thoughts are things’ (i.e. you create your own reality), I try and surround myself only with positive people in my life.

I believe there is a reason why we are all here on the blue planet. Can’t tell you what that is (although I have my personal beliefs about that of course), but that there is a reason is comfort enough to me. So….that an EMP or terrorist attack on the electrical grid or some other catastrophe may happen, and many unfortunate people may perish from this life (including myself), there is still a plan although it may be impossible for us mere humans to see or understand. If you believe (as do I) that you are living but one of many lives here, and that there is someone in charge of the universe, perhaps these things need to happen to bring the earth (a living thing itself) back in to balance. Maybe there needs to be fewer people. Maybe the universe feels the only way to get humans to accept one another and our individual differences and beliefs is to allow us to create such chaos and madness for ourselves down here that we will exhaust and shock ourselves and finally see how we must learn to live. In peace and cooperation with each other. I take comfort in knowing that from chaos, order does eventually settle in – it may be we need a new way of living and being here. The current state of human civilization on the planet is certainly not working nor sustainable is it?

Despite all the bad things that would happen in another than just a localized demobilizing of the electrical grid, somewhere life will still continue and in time like a phoenix something new will arise from the ashes. I don’t see that as a bad thing. Our country is at the point, is so divided and off track, that I think only something like this – a full, sudden stop would be needed to set a new course and direction. Although it will take time. Think of how much less trouble we humans would get ourselves into and havoc we collectively could potentially reap when most of your waking days must be spent much in the outdoors, using your mind and own 2 hands to take care of our basic needs. My Grandmother was always repeating something about idleness being the devils workshop (she was very religious) and there is great truth in that statement.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

That’s one good thing about my BIL (bug in location)

NO NUKES for miles and miles! Plus, all the closer ones are NORTH or SOUTH, so prevailing winds will not affect us negatively.

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MTB,

“all being oblivious” If what we have discussed on this forum comes to fruition anytime soon, the oblivious will truly be like sheep going to slaughter. I can live with a little concern instead, besides most people stress about other basically unimportant “stuff” anyway until they find out what truly matters.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Many folks in that part of the country live a more prepared lifestyle as a matter of fact. Not all, but many do. Harsh winters and mud season call for a more self-sufficient outlook!

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Build yourself a Faraday cage. An old microwave works great! Buy a cheap hand held Ham radio and put it in the microwave with some extra batteries. Would be good to get a crank up short wave radio to stick in there.
    Robin

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Robin make sure you cut off the electric cable from the back of the microwave and tape it up with aluminum tape.

Profile photo of legatelanius
    legatelanius
    Survivalist
    member2

Farraday cages are not important. Unless the EMP is directly over your house, your individual electronics will not malfunction, as long they are disconnected.

EMPs primarily only effect devices with a current running through them at the time of the EMP. As long as everything is turned off, you are ok.

Edit: slightly incorrect. It depends upon distance. Some devices will be damaged even if turned off, but only if they are vlose to where the EMP actually hit. But honestly, screw electronics. I should be able to survive with just what I can do with basic tools.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

legatelanios, No EMP will fry everything. This is why cars and trucks will not work ether and they are not connected and on tires but they still fry. All wiring will fry.

This is why people are building Faraday cage and saving radios, ham radios, flash lights and even batteries.

All it takes is one nuclear bomb at 300 miles up in the center of the U. S. and it will take everything down and fry it were it will not work again.

In this article if you go down they have an image that will show you. http://adinakutnicki.com/2014/06/22/top-u-s-generals-purged-defied-obama-to-detonate-nukeemp-attack-on-americacommentary-by-adina-kutnicki/

Profile photo of legatelanius
    legatelanius
    Survivalist
    member2

From my sources, most cars and trucks would still work. Only things with long wiring would malfunction.

All the same, my plans do not revolve around vehicles working, as I assume the roads won’t be safe.

I just prefer to work with what I have, as Ihave it. My sources, mostly scientific journals and research reports, do say that most small electronics and vehicles wont be effected unless they are right under the EMP.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.