Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

An unnerving thing happened yesterday. I am out of town working and got a text from my wife that UN vehicles have been spotted driving through a town about 10 minutes from where we live. I asked who told her about it and she said one of her friends posted it on facebook. I don’t use facebook much. Maybe once every month or two just to see what’s going on with friends or family. I asked her to share it with me so I could see it. It never showed up. I called her this morning and asked her again. She shared it 3 times and it still never showed up. I don’t know for sure what the problem is but it seems as though the post is being blocked as I can find nothing else on it anywhere. Stay alert, things may be warming up in Texas.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Thanks for the update Matt76, to many things are going on right now.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Ok finally made it home. Here is a picture of the truck.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Let me try this again.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

What’s with the Arab (I presume) writing?!? Who is it – in this country – that needs to be able to read that “stuff?”

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

My guess is maybe it was a vehicle brought back from Iraq. I did not take the picture so i don’t know exactly what type of vehicle it is but i think it might be a fire truck they use at airfields. That is the only explination i can come up with where it could have come from Iraq and not be painted desert tan. If that is not the case then I’m with you. Why the Arabic writing?

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

It probably came across the border illegally like everything else.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Fire trucks headed for Galveston port most likely.

We still export a lot of these.
    And considering how much gear we supply to the UN, I am not surprised.
    Least it ain’t arvees.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Sorry folks, Not UN.
    Robin
    ((in the scanned picture are the patches we made for United Shield in Mogadishu in 1995. The UN Logo is part of the lower patch.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I agree it is not the normal UN logo but several elements in the design seem to mimic the UN logo. Maybe it is from some group that was UN backed. The palm leaves are arranged much like the UN heads of grain and the globe in the middle isn’t much different except for what I think is the outline of Saudi Arabia. Does anybody have any idea what the logo actually is then?

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Well I did a little more digging and I was wrong. It was a firetruck built by Rosenbauer for a Saudi Arabian order back in 2012. The station numbers are even the same.

http://forestlaketimes.com/2012/01/18/rosenbauer-lands-largest-order-in-company-history/

I think Whirli got it right. I’m guessing this must be the tail end of the order being taken to Galveston for shipment. Sorry for the mistake.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.