Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is a great example of what the federal government does with it’s powers. They use the preservation card all the time to take over lands or make other lands not very welcoming to the people that live there.

The federal government has been slowly taking lands from the people and states so what will stop them from taking farmland when there is a SHTF collapse? There will be no news media, no radio news, so no one will know what is really happening.

Alaska town sues feds for blocking road over preservation concerns

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Are there any proper efforts to change the government system in the US? I see whoever has been in power in recent years abusing that power for their own benefits… seems like there is no end in sight and you can just chose the lesser evil. :(

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay you are right on, the two sides are in a power grab. There is a small change with the Tea Party trying to change the Republican Party but it has not happen. This is why I think that in a SHTF collapse the federal government will go after the food source in the country.

If you are in a very rural area maybe they will not be interested in you but if it is in an area of many farms were there is food to be had they will take it over in a SHTF.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Freedom,
    I’m not so sure about that.
    Considering that a .gov agency was stood off by a handful of citizens when they came to drive some cattle off, I think they’re getting the hint.
    They can’t be on every farm at once, harvest season varies.
    And who’s to say what is fertilizer or a broad spectrum broadleaf killer.

You want a picture of farming after a takeover, look at zimbabwe,
    Or South Africa. Farms that fed a continent now can’t feed themselves.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I’m thinking they will try to secure the food supply warehouses and other key commodities like tank farms & oil refineries.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, In Russia and Cuba they took the farms over and the farm production went down 90%. Do you think the Communist cared? NO! They just wanted that 10% so there communist army can live on. The do not care about the people.

95% of Cuba is farmland so why are the people going hungry? Because the government took all of the farm production for there group of communist. The communist in Cuba live well and the top communist live like kings.

The Russians were the same. In Russia right now it has changed some but with Putin it may go back to being everything owned by the government.

Communism works by control of the people. The easiest way is though food control. What happens is people are hungry and all day long all they think about is food. What food will I get today. The government the food then they control the people.

The problem is that the American public has never had Communism so they really do not know how it works.

If there is a SHTF and a Dictatorship or Communist takes power then there first move will be control of all the food supplies even the small farms. It is much easier to control the farms then it is to control all the cities.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes 74 that will be the first step. But the next steps will be food production and that is farmland.

If you are in a very rural area that is not were the major food is grown they will not go there. But small farms next to large farms are in trouble.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

They couldn’t secure the superdome after Katrina.

Now put some pencil neck from Joisey in deepest darkest Nebraska to secure a couple of grain silos.

There are a lot of hog farms to dispose of waste.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I do agree with you on the superdome so how will they secure over 200 million in all the cities? Don’t think so.

This is why the cities will go out to the farmlands, of all the cities 1 or 2 million will get to the farms. Many will be x military and x police that will be looking for food. It is not only the criminals and gang members.

Sure the farmers would be able to defend them self but some of these x military when they get shot at they will shoot back that is all I am saying.

I have an example of a man I started to talk to in a Wal-Mart. I said him if he had seen any 22 LR ammo any were. He tells me that he is only buying whatever they have and then shows me an image on his iPhone of a room in his house with ammo. The room was full. He said he had about $40,000 in ammo. I told him what are you doing about food and water. He just looked at me like what are you talking about type of look.

So what is that guy going to do with all that ammo and no food stored in a SHTF? Go hunting! and not for deer!

Their must be many like this guy that all they do is buy ammo.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Guys I am in a city and when the SHTF I will be here at the beginning. If it gets real bad I will head to Key West not to the farms. I am a better fisherman then hunter.

So out of all that I have said here I hope that some of you will give it some thought that maybe some of what I have said may come true and get you to prepare even better.

I care a lot about all of you! I believe that if all of you make it though a SHTF collapse this country will be a better place with more freedoms. If 10% of what I said comes true that it was worth writing it.

We need to always think out of the box. This is what freedom is all about, to be free to disagree and I would NEVER change that!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I think we’re looking at “farm control” from the wrong standpoint.

Boots on the ground, never work.

Economic control works.
    No money to plant, no money for fuel, the farmers cave.
    The big ones especially. Theyve been operating on credit for years.
    If the banks didn’t lend them the money every year, nothing would happen. All they have to do is change the loan requirements.

Power? No power to run the pumps, no water for the fields (sprinkler irrigation), just raise the tax on ag power.
    No crop means no farmers.

Water, they’ve been fighting for control of this for years.
    Get rid of flood irrigation because it depletes the streams or pollutes something, and tax the sprinklers and suddenly only the midwest farmers are left. Just tax them into compliance.

Heck in many cases, taxing farmland higher would put a number under now.

What so many forget in their head for the hils dreams, is that certain areas are nigh on useless 90+% of the time.
    Farmland? Most of the year there’s nothing to eat. And when there is, its unprocessed grains and such. Your average farmhouse doesn’t contain that root cellar of food anymore, too much work on top of a regular job.

Most of the farmers I know/knew have less in their pantries than most of us. One has the makings for baloney sandwiches and cereal on hand. Thats it. He eats in town every night, can’t cook to save his life, andis 75. Why change now.

City folk want to head for utopia? Good luck.
    There is a reason historically that people in bad times head to the cities.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, I just posted http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/who-is-the-new-secret-buyer-of-u-s-debt/

You will find it very interesting to read. It does tell us what may happen and how the elite are planning the down fall of the dollar.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.