Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

“Air Algerie said it lost contact with one of its passenger aircraft nearly an hour after takeoff from Burkina Faso on Thursday bound for Algiers.

A company source told AFP that the missing aircraft was a DC-9 and that 110 people of various nationalities are listed as being on board the flight.

The source said contact with the flight was lost while it was still in Malian airspace approaching the border with Algeria.

“The plane was not far from the Algerian frontier when the crew was asked to make a detour because of poor visibility and to prevent the risk of collision with another aircraft on the Algiers-Bamako route,” the source said.

“Contact was lost after the change of course.” http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/air-algerie-plane-changed-course-1.1725034#.U9DphuOSzTo

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Incredible! Another airplane. It is all over the news media right now.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Leopard wrote:</div>Air Algerie Flight AH5017 crashed

Unfortunately in today’s environment it is just as likely to have disappeared due to hijacking as it is a crash.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Just saw FoxNews report that they’ve been told by French Authorities that wreckage of the plane has been found in Mali. Don’t have a link right yet on it though.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

WTF?!?!?!?!?

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

And a few hours later, the report from earlier about the debris being found turns out to be false.

No one knows where the plane is as of right now. Crazy.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Aaaaand now they’re saying again that wreckage has been found in Mali. What a cluster f*ck this incident is, can’t imagine how hard it is on the families of those lost.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/wreckage-of-air-algerie-plane-found-1.1725384#.U9JlUeOSzTo

General Gilbert Diendere, a member of the crisis unit in Burkina Faso, said his team of investigators had already inspected the wreckage near the village of Boulikessi, 50km from the frontier.

“This team has confirmed that it has seen the remains of the plane, totally burned out and scattered on the ground,” Diendere told local television, adding the remains of dead bodies had also been discovered.

“Sadly, the team saw no one on site. It saw no survivors.”

A local official in Gossi said the crash had been witnessed by a group of herders near the village of Hamni-Ganda, and word was passed to authorities in Burkina Faso.

“The herders were in the bush and saw the plane fall,” Louis Berthaud, a community counsellor in Gossi, told Reuters by telephone. “It must have been a storm and it was struck by lightning. They said it was on fire as it fell, before it crashed.”

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

We do seem to have a lot of planes falling from the sky I wonder if the accident rate has dramatically changed or not? This looks like the left engine is not operational. I can see the propellers are not turning as it clears the buildings.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’ve noticed this too about lots of planes crashing. Hopefully it is just more publicity rather than more planes crashing. I don’t fly anymore. I stopped about 7 years ago on account it is just too unpleasant an experience, as opposed to driving long distances which I find relaxing in a way. I am exhausted after flying.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes but they are crashing in other countries not in the U. S. for some reason.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.