Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-official-police-refuse-return-fight-taliban-082602410.html

Now this is a slap in the face! Weak ass people that cannot combat or will not combat the Taliban! I was deployed to Afghanistan twice and to Iraq, Pakistan, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia once. I have seen first hand how incompetent the troops of the Afghan government are.

There are a few Afghan troops that mean business and dish out their fair share of mayhem to the Taliban, but most including almost all of the so called police force are not. They cower down and think that someone else will do the work for them.

I was there in 2004 helping to train the troops and even then some would come into training the next day with no gear, uniform, weapons or all of the above. We would ask them why they did not have it and the general reply was; “It was stolen or I lost it.” In reality we found out that they would sell their uniforms, gear and weapons to the Taliban and use the money to help their families. Now I can understand that, but seriously. The only way to help your families is to take a stand and defeat the threat and take back your country. I know it is not an easy task but by now they should be able to do it, especially on their own.

And another thing is that the news in Afghanistan reports about all of the Poppy/opium fields that they have and is the major cash flow for the Taliban, but they never say anything about wanting to destroy it. The resistance movement won’t destroy them either. Why is that? Could it be that the Afghan government makes money off of the “export” of Opium/poppy sales to other countries?

Sorry for the rant. I am just tired of it. And to think that I lost part of my leg and my soul over there…..for what?

"It is not that I can and others can't. It is that I will and others won't."

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

First, thank you for your service. It doesn’t seem that many of the folks over in those Muslim hellholes are willing to fight for their own countries. I suppose why should they if others will do it for them, or if they can win the gravy train “refugee” lottery going to Europe or the US/Canada.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Ernst, this place is littered with big soap boxes, no apologizes are required. Actually your perspectives are quite informative. Incredibly there has been nearly zero news coverage of the war for years, at least for 7 years. And before that it was all slanted in the normal fashion covering US troops as baby killers and psycho’s. Well not quite that bad but close. If it wasn’t for freelance journalist and troops with Gopro cameras I wouldn’t have seen anything coming out of there.

Sadly it sounds like the people over there don’t feel like where and how they live is worth defending. I think you have every right to feel the way you do.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Realistically, that attitude is hardly different from almost everywhere else.

How many times do we comment about ‘refugees’ and other ex-pats that leave rather than fix their own countries?
    How many venezueleans and mexicans do we see here in the US that have fled without doing a thing to fix where they came from? Yet they want us to accommodate them.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Here is the real slap in the face…..

These “refugees” come here to escape the country that they let go to hell, our country sets them up with all sorts of money, the government steals jobs from American citizens to give to these “refugees”, and these “refugees” can do whatever they want without fear of being punished by our legal system…. Why not allow your country to go to hell?

http://ageofdecadence.com

Good point Sledjocky!

"It is not that I can and others can't. It is that I will and others won't."

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

My personal experience in Afghanistan goes back to the late 60’s early 70’s. No one ever talked about Afghanistan then, and hardly anyone could find it on a map.

Was an Air Force AirEvac medic. We flew in on a mission, can’t exactly remember what for, and when we landed I was sure we had gone through a time warp. But the only thing I could remember about it, was they told us as long as we stuck to the main road we were good. If we roamed off of that we were on our own.

There is a reason that Afghanistan is called the place Where Empires Go To Die. It is like no other place on earth. I’m sure Ernst can speak to contemporary Afghanistan, but it’s telling that after 40 years his impressions and mine are probably not any different.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

/

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Ernst Stavro Biofield said ” There are a few Afghan troops that mean business and dish out their fair share of mayhem to the Taliban, but most including almost all of the so called police force are not. They cower down and think that someone else will do the work for them.”
    Well if we leave the Russians alone , and dont interfere with OUR incompetence , they WILL get the job done , in probably half the time . Besides , we created a lot of the problems that are having over in that part of the world , they are now forced to go in and clean up the mess . Let them take some hits for a change . I dont blame our soldiers , but our leadership is poor and our government cant be trusted , they have proven how dirty their motives are , and there is no low they wont go to accomplish their goals , including turning on the American people . Step aside and let Putin take a stab at it , it seems his way of doing things , so far is getting results ………you know how long we have been in that part of the world , and also know that it didnt work , we , and they are no farther ahead that at the beginning ………after all that time , and we are STILL there ………..accomplishing what ? Let them take some hits for a change , so our guys dont have to .

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Sorry for the rant. I am just tired of it. And to think that I lost part of my leg and my soul over there…..for what?

Ernst, first – absolutely no apology either necessary or warranted. Being tired of it means you still care. That’s hard – very hard at times. But it begins to get into the reason your next statement is 50% false. You may have lost part of your body over there, but there’s no possibility you’ve lost your soul. If you had, you would not be here, caring so much, giving of yourself. Soul-less people don’t care about other people. That’s why it DOES hurt so much – you gave so much of yourself, and others didn’t care, including the politicians and the top-level generals that cared too much about their careers and not enough about their Soldiers to put an end to it.

Thank you for caring, thank you for sharing, and thank you for what you did regardless of the outcome over which you had no control. You chose to do something that was advertised as good and decent, and others chose to sabotage it. Some of the people I am closest to are 3/75, and I’ve got other connections that are very close to my heart and not shared much in public. Don’t EVER believe you lost your soul – it’s still very much in evidence, even though it may often feel like it isn’t. You don’t know me, so I can’t legitimately say “trust me on that.” But you didn’t. You couldn’t have. You wouldn’t bother to give of yourself if you had, and you would not care. You would not have offered to do a meet-up in your area with suitable others, if you had lost it.

A wounded soul? Oh, absolutely. One’s very soul cannot come out unscathed from what only Soldiers (and related services) have to see, experience, and even do – and cannot, will not talk about. No one else would or ever could understand. They don’t have a clue, and they don’t have a clue that they don’t have a clue. Just please don’t ever make the mistake, even deep down privately inside, of thinking you lost your soul. It only aches, because it’s a good one, and was never designed to be part of what ended up happening. But a wounded soul is infinitely better than having none at all – it means the goodness in a person is still there, or it wouldn’t hurt.

Thank you. And a very, very happy new year in every possible respect.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.