Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This looks like a great resource for anyone planning to use draft animals.

Adapting Farm Tools for Animal Power

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Speaking of Animals for labor , we will have a large supply of such labor in our Gulags after the Revolution , best of all , you dont even have to feed them if you do not wish to , and if you beat them daily , the ASPCA will not utter a word about it . Win -Win situation .

Profile photo of Kiwi25
    Kiwi25
    Survivalist
    member3

Improving Ox Yokes

Yes, I thought this article was good as we will be like the African farmers, trying to improvise with limited experience and limited tools.  A lot of good ideas, based on experience…no need to re invent the wheel…..

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Luckily in our area people still know how to use animals such as water buffalos to prepare the fields. Im not sure how far we are going to go before SHTF with primitive farming techniques. I will definitely try to find a place where I can practice with those animals, but I don’t think we will make the switch before we have to.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

1974 – thanks for that! I guess I should go spend a little time studying a few of my young steer – scope ‘em out!

Tolik – now, now….such dark thoughts

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

By the way, I read some books about western expeditions to Asia from the last 200 years to research new resources and compare farming techniques. Not all techniques that have been used traditionally in the area here were the best. People did things for centuries in a very inefficient way just because they did not know better.

So maybe even trying some unknown farming techniques from similar places on different continents might be beneficial.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay,
    No question about it people use the same old methods because “this is the way we do it”

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Yes! The looks I get when I use my ATV to pull farm equipment is very funny here in John Deere country

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Yes, some of the benefits here about having BOL in village where time “go very slow” is that people often use skills that are used for years, on same way.

During the last collapse people there did not had too much problems without electricity, gas and everything else, they living much simpler life and use techniques that are in some other parts of the world maybe forgotten. Like animals and primitive labor techniques.

I guess it is one benefit of living in not so developed part of the world (and country). Simply it is gonna be easier to cope with some problems of collapse there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.