Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Irish
    Irish
    Survivalist
    rprepper

FRIENDS

Friends are one of the most important preps to have in preparing for the hard times ahead of us, and in life as well.

Real Friends are those who would DIE and FIGHT alongside you with out any hesitation, no matter the circumstances. Real Friends would reinforce your ideas and actions with positive feedback and constructive criticism. Almost all of teenagers in our American Society have no idea what a real friend is, only the fake friends they have in school and in our lives. The ignorant, brainwashed, weak masses of my high school and generation itself have never had a Real Friend, only buddies and pals to hang out with.

Real Friends are paramount in survival situations, especially in Urban and Suburban environments. Who is going to watch over you and your territory while you sleep? Who is going to have your back in a fight? Who is going to stick with you during the hardships in your life? Who is going to drag you out of a burning building?

We live a long time as humans, and we need friends in our lives in order to make it through the challenges life presents us.

I only have two friends in my life, these are the only two people outside of my family I trust with my LIFE and my families’ as well. They trust me with their lives and know I have their back. I would follow these two through the gates of HELL and back and die for them if I had to.

I can not stress further the importance of Friends in our lives and survival plans as we prepare for the future.

Stay Safe and God Bless

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Nice post Irish – thanks for the reminder!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Thanks for the reminder .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Irish, two friends means you are a luck man. I have friends but not to trust them with my life, only family.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I feel so fortunate Irish you posted this. It made me pause and count my many blessings, specifically my friends. I can say I am lucky enough to have 3 friends (not family) that I would, literally, entrust with my life and have no doubt that trust is not misplaced. But then, our relationship(s) took many years building through good and bad times and many ‘tests’…looking back

Profile photo of Irish
    Irish
    Survivalist
    rprepper

You are welcome Tweva, I want to contribute to this forum in any way I can.

Freedom,

My two friends are brothers to me, I treat them like they are part of my family. I have a platonic friendship with them and I couldn’t ask for better friends in my life. I am very fortunate to have stumbled upon them in my life at such a young age. How have your friends helped you in good and bad times? How have they earned your trust?

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Irish – I agree 100%.  I believe that true friends are almost irreplaceable once formed for a SHTF scenario.  Some even exceed family members contributions because they usually see eye to eye with you due to the forging that the friendship went through to get to that point – whereas family who don’t live and/or hang out regularly will definitely have their own ideas that may be a 180 from yours.  If friends disagree, at least they will point it out for discussion and be willing to compromise to support you.  As a military member, I’ve had the opportunity to have the luxury of being put in situations that lead to these types of friendships – not many, but a few.  I can name four that I would do anything for and sure they would do same in return.  We routinely discuss SHTF situations among world events and politics.  My only problem is we are separated by several hours for two and 2000 miles for the other two.  Hard to plan a muster location for us all.

Also agree with what passes today as “friends” for many of the younger generation.  The “idiot box” type of websites have led to a generation of people who don’t have real conversations.  Lack of real interaction leads to only superficial friendships that are never tested past the first shallow degree.  I’ve still got a “dumb phone” and people think that I’m a dinosaur.  Maybe I am, but I see a more destructive side of always being “plugged in”.  Only real conversations have led me to find out about pending divorces, the affect of deaths or combat, parenting difficulties, etc. which has led to support for those individuals and occasionally a friendship emerges.

Thanks for the post.  K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Also agree with what passes today as “friends” for many of the younger generation.  The ”idiot box” type of websites have led to a generation of people who don’t have real conversations.  Lack of real interaction leads to only superficial friendships that are never tested past the first shallow degree.

That’s why we have so many people suffering from depression because they are lonely (while still surrounded by people). Meaningful relationships grow through shared experiences. Real experiences. Once you take that away, you end up with hollow constructs that are not holding up well once some **** happens.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I may (again and again) sound like old grumpy man, but simply somehow I think that friends today are not friends like 20 or 30 years ago.
    It is like today everyone look for quantity instead of quality. I do not have too many friends, real friends, maybe one or two. But because that it is much more valuable friendship, and it is something that really can not be bought.

Friendship just like everything else important in life need to be taken care carefully, and needs hard time and desperate situation to be really tested.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Selco you don’t sound like a grumpy old man – you simply are speaking the truth. True, deep, long-lasting friendships is like choosing your own family – not the one you inherited necessarily. And, it takes time and effort and shared experiences to develop them. And, because it does take time, lots of it, few can claim more than a handful.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I am like Selco, friend like the old time doesn’t happen anymore for me.

Profile photo of Dutchie
    Dutchie
    Survivalist
    member2

Good, strong friendships only develop through shared hardship and ‘adventure’ in my opinion. Those are hard to find though.

Used to have one friend I trusted unconditionally, unfortunatly he passed away. People like that are irreplaceble.

Profile photo of libbylindy
    libbylindy
    Survivalist
    member4

Perhaps the reason that I don’t have close friends is that I haven’t experienced hard times to find if those friends will actually be there if SHTF. Will they be there? I don’t know because we live in a rather gentle time compared to what Selco went through. I will find in time whether or not my friends will qualify as true friends, or just superficial friends. Meanwhile, there really is no one that I know that I would trust with my life. Sad place to be, isn’t it?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

libbylindy, The truth is that you are right. Till the SHTF you will not know and even then be careful because they may save you at the beginning and when thing get real bad they may turn on you.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

True friends are those that stand with you when you need them, even if you think you do not need them.
    It does not necessary need to be huge collapse to see who is your best friend, but yes, it i perfect time for that.

Life is full of bad and good moments, you can easily see who is with you in your bad moments.
    Not too many people are ready to sacrifice something for other people, without expecting something in return. Thats why true friendship is rare.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.