Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Good article I found today.

A real ‘Zombie Apocalypse’: How the sun (or terrorists) could cripple America for a decade

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/06/27/real-zombie-apocalypse-how-sun-or-terrorists-could-cripple-america-for-decade.html?intcmp=hphz25

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

It’s absurd that Fox “News” is “suddenly” presenting this as if it’s new news. It’s old news. Very old news. There’s another thread here on the Forum discussing hardening of autos and trucks, with suggestions including getting an old car without today’s sophisticated electronic modules. That didn’t work out so well for some vehicles in Hawaii during the high altitude Starfish Prime nuclear test in 1962. And the entire grid went down in Quebec in 1989 from a large CME, well into the adulthood of many in this forum. But that event isn’t even mentioned in the Fox “News” article.

This isn’t news at all – it’s old stuff, and people just have been dealing with their own denial and cognitive dissonance issues, stoked by MediaGov’s intentional non-coverage of the story (if we don’t hear about it, it must not be important, right?!?).

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think that Fox news has presented many articles of the same subject many time over the last three years and I am very happy that they keep it in the front burner since 90% of the public is not like us.

I have talked to many friends about this and it is always a new subject to them. I believe this old news is new news to many and it is the rest of the news media that are not bringing this subject to the front news so maybe the rest start understanding it and maybe they will email, call, mail the representatives in there states, there Senators, House Rep. so that they do something about it.

The reason nothing is being done is because it is not all over the news.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is reported as a distraction or to train the public for a future planned event. FOX is not trying to get anything fixed.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, I agree but am very happy that Fox keeps this up front in there news since the rest of the news media doesn’t.

In this article they only talked about EMP and Sun flares and not Cyber attack which can do the same damage.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

What comes from the sun is but one component. What comes from a nuclear weapon adds another factor to the mix that the sun doesn’t even touch. Protecting against only a CME will not harden the grid against a high altitude nuclear weapon. And a cyber attack will NOT do the same damage as either one of the other two.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The grid is considered a temporary structure that will inevitably be destroyed. The country has to start building spare transformers. It lost that capability under leaders such as Obama. So much electrical power is needed to build a transformer if a 1859 storm happened today. Its hasta la vista. The end.
    You’ll survive longer if you have a good ARAK. That’s about it. The haves and the have-nots. Choose.
    Obviously if the incompetent government chooses for you, your good as….

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.