Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Found this elsewhere on the web.. thought it was interesting enough to toss it your way.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-09/cost-obamas-free-community-college-vision-taxpayers-60-billion

The thing that caught my eye was Venezuela’s Greatest Hits… this is the type of mess that happens when your country is approaching SHTF at light speed…

The list is included with this post… it would be hilarious if it were not so tragic…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Ran out of FAKE BREASTS!!!!!

Never thought of that in my preps. Need to do some new plans ASAP.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus, I have been taking ibuprofen for the headache this has given me. Now he wants ObamaCollege to pass which will never happen thank God! Even if the We know the Republicans will not take this to a vote in house or senate.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Just goes to show you that I don’t get out much. I didn’t know there was market out there for fake breasts. Do you put them in the general preps or do I need to make room for a couple in my bug out bag?

On the free community college thing, my guess is it intended for illegal immigrants and being most of them are uneducated, there will be a waiver somewhere buried in the administrative details that allows immigrants to go to community colleges without high school diplomas. Maybe they’ll force community colleges to take poor black kids too that don’t have high school diplomas. The net effect will be a watering down of community college degrees and schools being forced to offer classes in Spanish. When they matriculate into State Colleges for their 3rd & 4th year, those school’s reputations will be trashed too with the lowering of standards that will be required. Employers will increasingly require Master’s degrees in hopes of getting educated employees.

Community colleges are very inexpensive now and I would think that any kid can pay for it themselves using money from part time jobs during high school and while at the community college. In most places, smart kids that apply themselves can get substantial community college credits while they are still in high school without paying any tuition at all. I’ve known kids that had their entire 1st year’s worth of credits by time they graduate high school.

This is another social program that will cost plenty and yield little benefit. Community college administrators are probably salivating at the thought of how much they’ll be able to raise fees now that we’ll be removing all market forces that serve to keep them in check presently.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This announcement is a new twist on an old political wedge tool. Funding education. A program like this will need new taxes to fund the Dept of Ed. Congress won’t pass the taxes and the Democrats will missuse the issue claiming Republicans don’t support Education, blah, blah ,blah, make me puke.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“Chavez nationalized many large farms. Chavez said of the farmland:”

“The land is not private. It is the property of the state.”

“Venezuelan military tells supermarket customers not to take pictures of empty shelves

The Venezuelan military has troops stationed in supermarkets, and they aretelling customers not to take pictures of empty shelves. But that hasn’t stopped people from doing it”
    – Dan Squirrel Blog

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Community colleges here in Florida is cheap too and they have programs for the students with very good grades that are as good as any private college and if you or your parents do not have the income and you have the grades it is free. So I am not sure what Obama is trying to do.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus, I have some Venezuelan friends here and all tell me that the markets do not have any food for there families. They have been sending boxes of can foods to them. It is passed collapse.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Figured you all would focus on the “boob” thing…. ya buncha pervs…

If they’re only saline, then I suppose they could do double duty (no pun intended… okay, yah, it was intended) as an IV…. if they’re silicone, forget it…

Sorry… couldn’t resist. :)

Been a bit busy building a wax melter. For making beeswax candles. You guys know how much a commercial melter costs?? Holy balls… it’s like about a grand – to start! And they go up from there…

I don’t have that kind of jack to spend on a wax melter… bullets? Yeah. But not a wax melter…

So, I’m making one. I’ll post a How To when I’m done…

M

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well that will be very interesting! Candles will be needed in a SHTF times.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus, A double boiler?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus, where do you purchase the cheapest wax to make the candles?

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

@74,

No, the only reason you need a double boiler is because boiling water will not exceed 212F, which is just dandy for melting wax. I’m using an electric pot with a thermostat attached. Yes, I will also be using a handheld thermometer to make sure that I don’t go too high. Beeswax has a melting point of around 150F or so, but you can ‘burn’ it – make it change color – if you go up into the 200’s… it’s flash point is 400F, so no worries there.

The discoloration is only a concern if you care about such things, and like nice, snow white candles.

@ freedom,

I buy from a beekeeping supply place. There’s a place up in Lexington that sells beekeeping stuff, honey, double boilers and white and yellow wax. Even some candlemaking stuff, but not a whole lot. Last time I bought wax, I bought a cake of wax that was about 30 lbs or so… comes in yellow and white.

Instead of ordering anything offline, you’re better off finding someplace within driving distance and buy a bunch from them. Or even finding a beekeeper – someone making their own honey – and buying the raw wax direct from them. It will have particulates in it – bits of bees and other stuff – but once melted and filtered, you’ll be fine…

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus,
    Will these be artistic candles or basic tapers? Just curious.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

@ 74,

Just your basic taper. Nothing fancy schmancy…

I have two tin-plated steel “6-Gang” molds I got from Jas Townsend. They make plain old 6″ tapers. I do hand-dip bigger candles. It’s not hard to do.

I’ve been wanting to have a bigger gang mold made. 18 or more per run. Back in “The Before Time”, there were molds that made a couple dozen candles per run. Biggest I’ve seen so far was a “48-gang” mold in a wooden frame that cast 12″ tapers… I’m guessing this was probably for sale to a church, since lots of folks couldn’t afford beeswax candles (they used betty lamps, etc). It was over on Ebay, as I recollect.

Here’s a 36 Gang mold… quite nice, innit?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.