Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I love it. I went onto the website and they’re a bit pricey at $60 but I’m thinking they can be great Christmas presents for next year.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Looks great. I really like the way the spark is directed toward the tinder. It also really looks pretty sturdy. Thanks for the heads up.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

We are not the only one noticing the price , but as one guy put it , the way this thing is designed , its more of a serious tool than just a spark sprayer . He felt that it was worth the money in the long haul , just like a good portable water filter ……….they both could save your life .

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I did buy one of these , I think the price is still too high , but when It arrived , I was impressed by how well made it was . Very heavy aluminum , its serious , very tough . It would definitely take abuse for many years . Even the cap is made of metal ……..not plastic , the design does indeed channel all the sparks to a focused point , thus making the focal point that much hotter than an open ferro rod . The striking steel is heavy , 1/8 inch thick , creates a lot of sparks . The rear tinder storage area is big , would hold a lot of your own , when the stuff they give you runs out . Its about the same size as a lifestraw .After using it , I’m considering getting another at a later date , its good . As a side note , Lifestraw now makes a steel version , it costs about $60 bucks , the big difference with the steel version , is that you can refill the filtering components ………so its not a disposable item like the original .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.