Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Here is an interesting article even tho it’s on Yahoo which is a left wing media company I found it worth reading.

7 ways Donald Trump is just like the Founding Fathers

https://www.yahoo.com/news/7-ways-donald-trump-is-just-1402033286914102.html

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

That’s a fun article freedom. Politics has always been a dirty business.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I am glade you liked it MB, I learned a lot of history and some of it was fun to read. Politics is just so dirty! They all lie, I love the way Trump calls Cruz lying Ted and now every time I catch my wife with a little lie I call her lying Ted! She gives me a look that can burn and so I tell her I feel the burn! So she laughs at that one. Hillary and Bill are in the top of the lying group.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I want him to win , just to see him toss a grenade into the works .

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The only person qualified in this race is Trump. The rest are political troglodytes. Take the FU train Ted. You should be supporting Trump instead of helping the republicrat establishment. The democrats walk and spit on constitutionalists.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

The issue of Cruz Canadian problem has not yet been settled , as Trump mentioned early on , the Dems plan to sue if he gets the nomination , throwing a wrench into the works until the matter is settled in the courts ……….which may lead the way to Obama remaining until the question is ‘ settled ‘ .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

We will have an idea were all of this is going by June. If Trump gets the 1237 then he gets the nomination, if not then all hell will happen since the GOP really doesn’t want Cruz ether. We are talking about 70 to 80% of all the Republication votes between Trump and Cruz that if only 50% stay home and not vote it will end the GOP.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

I want him to win , just to see him toss a grenade into the works .

This.

I don’t particularly like Trump and I don’t think he will make a particularly good President.

But the cucks have left us little recourse other than revenge. And I’m totally cool with revenge. They’ve had it coming for decades and I’m way, way past caring if it leaves the GOP in disarray… or even better – fractures it into several bits…

Hey Tolik? You see the Panama Papers? They released a bunch of intel trying to make Putin look bad – guilt by association…

Putin responded the next day by declassifying thousands of old KGB papers… betcha there’s some very interesting names in those papers… names of Western politicians, bankers, important muckity-mucks… heh, heh, heh…

Putin is playing GO or 3-dimensional chess while everyone else is playing checkers… dude was a KGB Colonel – you’re not gonna beat him. Well, not often anyways… I bet he’s been waiting for years for a chance just like this…

I’m not a Putin fanboi – but credit where it is due. He acts in Russia’s best interest and tells the rest of the world to sod off. Fully willing and capable of cashing the checks written with his mouth. Unlike certain other so-called “leaders”… I might not like him either, but there is grudging respect there.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

LOL , most people who do battle with Putin , get their a$$ handed to them . They never learn , they try to antagonize him and his country , instead of trying to have positive negotiations , which he is more than willing to do , provided it doesnt compromise his nations interests . The west is far dirtier than they are , with more to hide , than they are at this point .

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

We will have an idea were all of this is going by June. If Trump gets the 1237 then he gets the nomination, if not then all hell will happen since the GOP really doesn’t want Cruz ether. We are talking about 70 to 80% of all the Republication votes between Trump and Cruz that if only 50% stay home and not vote it will end the GOP.

I think both parties need to go away at this point , nothing but RINOs and DINOs .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

From the article:

“I don’t know what you tell to young people,” admits Ellis, who teaches many of them at Mount Holyoke. “You can tell them the republic is not going to go out of existence, I am pretty sure of that. The good thing about history is we’ve seen worse and survived it. But what things will look like after this mess” of a campaign? “I have no idea.”

When I heard Thomas Sowell specifically state that the United States would not survive as a constitutional republic if Obama got his 2nd term, I pondered that shocking statement, and decided Sowell is far too intelligent and experienced to make such a statement, with no qualifications on his answer, without knowing what he’s talking about. I believe he was right, and I believe we’ve arrived there. If we haven’t, the election of either of the Democrats will ensure he was right within the first months of office. And the election of anyone on the Republican side except Trump will ensure the same, just at a slightly slower pace. The U.S. will only survive on paper, in name only. I don’t believe we’re ever likely to get back to the constitutional republic those foul-mouthed modern day politicians of two centuries ago so brilliantly crafted. (I “loved” how the author characterized modern-day America as smart enough to have kept such whackos as Barry Goldwater out of the White House. As Goldwater told a reporter about Johnson’s bombing of Hanoi, “In his heart, he knew I was right.” Great piece of typical media propaganda, that article.)

I don’t like the tone of the campaigns, and absolutely don’t trust the one remaining exception to the ugliness (the Trojan Horse – Kasich) – but in Trump’s case, I see him as the only possible (as in “maybe”) way to save the constitutional republic. And if the Democrats get control of either chamber in Congress, forget that, too. It’ll just be veto after veto after veto, and gridlock. Wash, rinse, repeat. Then Trump will be voted out in 2020, and we can all then officially bend over and kiss our butts goodbye – if the Islamofacists don’t get us first.

Me? Worried? Actually, not all that much. I just see it realistically for what it is, apply the Serenity Prayer to it, and try my best to keep the “Wisdom” clause of the Serenity Prayer uppermost in my mind. And then I turn to the things over which I have control, and smile.

Oh – the article again. I loved how the writer emphasized the low-life aspect of the founding fathers, and, in keeping with the decades-long trend in education, failed to emphasize the brilliance of what they created in spite of their gutter politics at times. We’ve now squandered away what they gave us(as Jefferson already was seeing as early as 1820). Thus, Franklin was more prophetic in his qualifier, “if you can keep it,” than perhaps he realized. Or, perhaps he chose to participate in the grand experiment anyway, so he could sleep at night, knowing he’d helped do what was right regardless of the consequences. And the beat goes on…..

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I think both parties need to go away at this point

I doubt that one in 100, or even one in 1000, have ever even thought about what’s in the Constitution – and what isn’t – about how presidents are elected. Even political “reporters” clearly don’t understand the convention processes, how delegate selection works, or what obligations those delegates have – if any, or for how long. However, I actually did hear one the other day explain how the rules changes that will “need” to be made to keep Trump out, are necessitated because of the rules changes that were put in place in 2012 in order to keep Ron Paul from having any influence at the Convention. I was flabbergasted to hear that even mentioned on “national” TV! And the vast majority of Americans would have had zero clue what he was even talking about, let alone having had their curiosity stimulated to bother finding out.

Almost no one anymore even considers the fact that the Constitution is totally silent on the issue of parties, primaries, conventions, delegates, etc. Americans have no idea that almost the entire process, is a convoluted plot, concocted by the power brokers in the two dominant parties to secure and increase their own power. And almost no one anymore has any idea that senators were not always elected by the general public in elections. Also, extremely few remember the days when general election ballots would have a long list of presidential candidates, many of whom weren’t even known to most of the voters. It wasn’t always just two, maybe three, parties, and 3rd (or 4th) parties weren’t always seen as whacko parties.

I don’t know how it could be accomplished to get rid of the two parties, because of the money, the power, and the continuation of the same power-hungry power brokers that would still exist even if somehow the parties were miraculously dissolved. Sadly, we went to the edge of the cliff, lifted one foot and suspended it over the edge, thought that was “cool,” wondered what would happen, then stepped forward with the other foot to have a better look at what was below the edge of the cliff. Most are still just enjoying the view as the various strata zoom past them on the way down. There’s still no concept that we’re approaching terminal velocity without even a reserve chute, nor contemplation of the effect of the merge that is fast approaching between us and the solid canyon bottom below. I wonder if that ultimate end will be in my lifetime, my kids’, or my grandkids’. All I know for sure is that we ignored the warning signs, we didn’t bother studying physics (including gravity), and we don’t know how to levitate.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Welcome to Wile E. Coyote nation!

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Prophetic GeorgiaSaint

Cruz takes Colorado in a voter less (like 0) victory. The delegates go to him because…. Duh.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Cruz takes Colorado in a voter less (like 0) victory. The delegates go to him because…. Duh.

Ron Paul at least partially figured out how to work the system with delegates particularly in 2012, Party bosses got scared, rigged local delegate selection to the extent they could (“excellent” but not at all unique example was Athens, Clarke County, GA), and then threw out other delegates at the beginning of the Convention, and changed the rules on day-1 to keep Paul from having any influence at all at the Convention. Hence the “Rule 40″ we’re now hearing about in the “news” media that will have to be changed after only 4 years, in order to allow the Party bosses to rig this one as well. Except Cruz apparently learned from Paul, and is going after it with a lot more money and a lot more expertise. Just what the Party bosses want: let Cruz dethrone Trump, and then the Party bosses will select their own candidate despite Cruz’s almost-victory. At least that’s what they hope for.

And everybody thought the Democrats were the masters of manipulation and disenfranchisement of “the People” with all their super-delegates! The Republicans merely invented a more complicated way of manipulating the system and thumbing their noses at the voters – and it wasn’t noticed before now because it had never been needed as the ultimate control weapon. And here the masses thought it was a one man-one vote process. ROFL! Silly voters…. If anything good is to come out of this election (and it’s doubtful), perhaps the masses will finally wake up and realize they don’t count, won’t count, and haven’t counted for over a century (particularly since 1913).

Then there’s this little gem from the Jeb files. Though from the article below it looks like it pertains to W’s 2004 election and the Ohio vote, watch the video testimony after the article and follow the association with Jeb’s good buddy in all this:

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/2004votefraud_ohio.html

The video is of Mr. Curtis’ testimony to the Ohio legislature after vote rigging in the 2004 Ohio vote totals. He’s mentioned at the very end of the above article. He mentions former Republican U.S. Congressman and former Speaker of the Florida House,Tom Feeney in the video. Feeney was also Jeb’s running mate in his failed bid for Florida Governor. This video should have been burned into the memories of every single American. But it couldn’t be, simply because it “couldn’t” be shown on by the “news” media.

America: we loved her while we had her, but we never really knew her. And then she left, and we had no idea why.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.