Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of smitty12
    smitty12
    Survivalist
    member1

All of my 7.62×39 ammo is steel case and mostly Wolf brand….Is anyone else worried about being able to get Russian ammo in the coming months due to the sanctions that Obama has in place?

Profile photo of Kollaps
    Kollaps
    Survivalist
    member3

Supposedly, it does not impact ammo imports…that said, don’t count on that for a second.

If you can afford it, buy it now. As much as you can if you have an AK/SKS already. By the time it is banned, it is too late, and the costs will be crippling. Without reload supplies, there aren’t many solid options if/when that happens.

That said, if I were you, I’d have an AR or FAL as an alternative. 5.56/.223 and 7.62×51/.308 are more common, and reload supplies are readily available.

Profile photo of NY Yankee
    NY Yankee
    Survivalist
    member1

My state has banned all assault weapons. If you dont already have one, forget it. If ygu get one somehow, you are highly illegal and will be sent to prison if you get caught. Fortunately, I have several 12 ga shotguns and many hundred rounds of ammo dispersed in several properties where they can be had if one place gets knocked over. I also purchased a couple 30-06 rifles and have ammo stashed all around as well. Best I can do in this BS state but so you know, there are good alternatives.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I’m not too worried right now , look how well prohibition worked in the 1930’s , we are very vulnerable as well , if Russia ans China dump the dollar ….we are fucked , WE will need foreign aid . Both countries are starting to trade in different currencies already , This petty posturing by the tailless monkey in Washington will not last long . If your worried about it , spend a little extra cash and make some on-line orders in bulk , I just ordered 500 rounds of Brown Bear SP . Plan to order more . One thing to keep in mind also , and kind of funny , is that all the Ukrainian factories that were exporting to the US are Russian owned , that means that when they start up production again , the box will have ” Made in Ukraine ” on it , but the money will still go to Russia ;)

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

You need to move to Arizona bro , almost no gun laws at all , and registration is prohibited . Constitutional carry and castle doctrine .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    bushrat
    bushrat
    Survivalist
    member4

At this point in time, No. Not all 7.62×39 comes from Russia and the Ukraine, although a large quantity does. Also, remember that US manufacturers are producing quite a bit now. It may be more expensive, but they know a money maker when they see one. There’s many a rifle in this country using the round, so I don’t think there will be a problem for some time to come. Not saying it could never happen, but just not right now. Regardless, you should always stack it high, and stack it deep. Never forget the past.

I edited this to list some of the other countries that export 7.62×39 to the US:
    Germany
    Taiwan
    Serbia
    Romania
    These are a few of them. So don’t worry too much right now.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

I have plenty! That said, local guy is selling 1k rounds for $350.00

Robin

Lone Eagle
    Lone Eagle
    Prepper
    member3

If you are not already, save every casing you find, steel or brass. There are articles out there on how to convert Berdan primed cases to Boxer primers. I was smart and bought several thousand Berdan primers when they were available. You can usually get one or two decent reloads with steel. main thing to check is the case neck. If it’s split, toss it. For storage, simply dry them in the oven on a low heat, put in ziplock bags, then “fog” the bag with silicone spray or WD-40. No reloading press? No problem. Get a rubber mallet, set of dies, and reload Kyber Pass style. The x39 round is more forgiving on tolerances than other calibers.

Hydraulic decapping: http://youtu.be/R75oAf6HkrU

Kyber Pass reloading(watch closely, it’s only a quick shot): http://youtu.be/FinRqCocwGE

Never challenge a man who has nothing left to lose.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Awesome Links, Lone Eagle!

Much easier than most people think, just an extra step or 2 :D

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Good video. There is no way we will ever be able to control a place like Pakistan or Afghanistan.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

MountainBiker wrote:

Good video. There is no way we will ever be able to control a place like Pakistan or Afghanistan.

I gathered that as well! Which means we don’t belong there :D
    I watched some of the related links, actually 2-3 more on Pakistan. They have a THRIVING small, medium and HEAVY arms industry.

How much more so, if TPTB thinks they can control this country ;)
    We have had a taste of freedom unlike any other experience in history.
    We are armed more than any other people, and by a huge factor!
    We have technology, plus backwoods old school knowledge, and youtube spreading it :)

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

If you’ve ever tried Pakistani ammo, you will suddenly understand desperation.

Makes the Russian and Ukrainian junk look match grade.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Whirlibird wrote:
    If you’ve ever tried Pakistani ammo, you will suddenly understand desperation.

Makes the Russian and Ukrainian junk look match grade.

LOL!!!
    I said it was a THRIVING Industry, not excellent :D

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Lone Eagle
    Lone Eagle
    Prepper
    member3

One thing I forgot to add, don’t discount black powder for reloading these rounds. I recently shot some BP reloads, and they work for CQB out to 100yds. Yes, accuracy will suffer, you may have to hand cycle some loads, and the smoke will give away your position, but anything is better than nothing.

My local shop is having trouble finding Wolf, but no problems finding Federal Fusion, Winchester, Red Army Standard(Romanian), or any of the local reloaders.

Never challenge a man who has nothing left to lose.

Frozenthunderbolt
    Frozenthunderbolt
    Survivalist
    member4

Some USSR stuff still floating around here in NZ – love my SKS! Getting harder and harder to find though for sure, can buy unlimited (effectively) amounts of hunting ammo though if you got the bucks for it!
    I haven’t – getting good at my 150 M shots with the .22 instead ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.