Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This one sucks, ok boys you’re on your own from O

Iraqi Air Force evacuating besieged American contractors

Profile photo of Broadside
    Broadside
    Survivalist
    member3

This is bound to have a bad effect on any US hired security contractors anywhere the O administration is using them to project US power abroad. I know that if I were thinking of going somewhere for a contract right now I’d be reconsidering, and if I were already deployed would be reevaluating my employment. It’s a clear message that the US considers you expendable at best.

It certainly doesn’t look good, but I hope those guys get out somehow.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I personally would not do any work in another country for O, U. S.Contractors should take a stand and say we will not do anymore jobs for O.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I sure hope they don’t think Barry is going to send a rescue operation. Look what he did in Benghazi.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

No Contractor should work for Barry! The hell with him. O doesn’t care about us.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

An update:” A U.S. contractor in Iraq told WND the Iraqi Air Force has begun evacuations from Balad Air Force Base, where 200 American contractors were trapped by the al-Qaida-inspired jihadists who have seized control of two cities and are now threatening Baghdad.

Frank Biggs, a contractor with Sallyport Global, told WND through a Skype instant message that he was transported from Balad to Baghdad and was communicating from a C-130 preparing to take off to Dubai.

Biggs said 300 in total have been evacuated from Balad and another 100 are still awaiting airlift. He said the Iraqi Air Force is trying to evacuate everyone by midnight local time.

WND previously reported Friday that private contractors who have recently returned to the U.S. from Iraq said their former colleagues effectively had been abandoned by the U.S. military and were fighting for their lives against an army of jihadists surrounding the base who belong to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, or ISIS.”

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Wow! I feel sick with what is happening. All trust is lost in this government.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Y’all, I know I will catch blowback, but hear me out…

The parallels between the US and ancient Rome grow by the day. In the last days of Rome, they backed off using Romans as soldiers and started using mercs. Hired guns. They treated them like crap and if the mercs got wiped out, well, so what?

If these “contractors” are Blackwater Mercs (call them whatever you want to make yourself feel better. What they are, are mercs.) and are being abandoned by the US government, is this really anything new? You all are surprised by this?

I will withhold my opinion of mercenaries like those employed by Blackwater and other “security contractors”. If Obongo throws them under the bus, well, that’s been happening for over 2000 years… nothing new here.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus,
    There are lots of guys over there that are construction trades plumbers, pipefitters, etc, without military training. From their website that’s what it looks like.

From Sallyport “architectural, environmental, construction, program management, and full life cycle support services as well as information technology and communications services and solutions.”

I don’t think it’s right that Iraq used it’s army to rescue these guys and we don’t lift a finger.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Sounds like its time for them to leave huh ?
    Your in a war zone , you know that going into the situation ………….spin the wheel and take your chances …….OR STAY HOME WHERE YOU BELONG .

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Reminds me of a news piece of the First Gulf War: Mother of son that was sent to take part in Desert Shield/Desert Storm complaining he son did not join the National Guard to fight but for the education benefits!
    Robin

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Not to argue or pick a fight, but this? –> “architectural, environmental, construction, program management, and full life cycle support services as well as information technology and communications services and solutions.”

I’ve read some serious Government doublespeak before, and when I read that, I said “What does that even mean?!?” Not saying it ain’t true (whatever they are), just saying it seems like they’re going out of their way to be as vague as possible and are trying to dazzle us with bullshit…

If they’re just nail-pounders and plumbers and such – noncombatants – then Obongo should make an effort to get them out of there.. it’s one thing to throw mercs under the bus… it’s another to throw tradesmen, noncombatants, under the bus…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus,
    We can have doubts about their purpose in that area and I don’t know for sure either way. However I do know someone that worked as a contractor in Afghanistan building whatever they wanted. He defiantly was not a merc, the bases have lots of those people as I’m sure you know.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.