Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I think this poor soul’s choice of ‘weapon’ was very interesting. Personally I view knives as a much more personal, stealth weapon choice than a gun.

The need for attention (positive/negative) in an overloaded/distracted info-based world, the lack of consistent monitoring and education in the importance of social mores in children, the over-sensitivity and importance placed on mere words, lack of healthy, consistent face-to-face (versus tech based) communication and social interaction, the tolerance of a society for anything goes lifestyle (sometimes celebration)….on and on…the slide continues relentlessly it seems

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is an old old problem identifed long ago.

The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I kinda agree with Mr. Red thinking here, there is something in new generations today that make them more prone to events like this.
    Not sure what are the reasons, actually there are many reasons for that, one of them is that they are not so tough.
    I may sound like “old grumpy man” but young folks today are somehow much softer.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

You are all spot on!

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Yeah Selco I too get called a bitter old man a lot sometimes, even if I’m a the ripe old age of 23 lol. People are soft and lazy now. We all are in some aspects. But some a lot more than others. Kids think they’re entitled to everything even when they offer nothing.

I’m going to stop before I go on an angry rant, but y’all get my drift I hope.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

As I said previously, check out Gavin de Beckers book, it offers some good insights… And explanations….

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Selco,
    “Old grumpy man”
    “But young folks today are somehow much softer.”

When we get old we get harder, it happens so slow we don’t recognize the change within. Every generation thinks the same thing about younger generations.

Kids are like mush physically and mentally. That is how everyone starts life. I shake the hands of athletes that think they are fit and and they feel weak. I worked with my hands for 45 years making stuff. Now everyone not using their hands for a living feels weak. I got old & hard.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

1974 I have to agree with you to an extent . I remember “old timers” when I was growing up saying the next generation was weaker or not as tough. I find myself saying the same thing but I don’t think the cause is the older generation getting hard. I think it has more to do with divorce rate and the fact that fewer and fewer dads are spending quality time with their kids. Society has been feminizing men for some time now. Children learn how to be adults by watching their parents. If the father is not spending time with them where do they learn what a real man is? TV, movies, the liberal media? You and I know that it takes a bigger man to take the high road in a situation but unless our kids see us take the high road and how we handle it then they don’t learn anything. Then some liberal goofball tells them they were scared emotionally and they have issues and need to get in touch with their feelings. That goofball spends time with them, which the child longs for, and now you have another squishy sweet limp young man. All I am saying is men quit being so self centered and take the time toshare your life and wisdom with them. That’s my 2 cents

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Thats why teachers should be armed . The little pinheads take a knife to a gun fight will get a rude life and death awakening .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, Agree the same goes for the military!

Profile photo of Danie Theron
    Danie Theron
    Survivalist
    member3

There is this guy named Toby C. It seems that he just keeps hitting the nail on the head. You might consider that book he recommends. It is well regarded.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Gift-Fear-Gavin-Becker/dp/0440226198

You can even get it on Kindle.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.