Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

20 wounded in multiple stabbings at Pennsylvania high school. It looks like it was a student. This also shows that when someone whats to do harm to others , they will. He used a knife.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/09/suspect-in-custody-after-reports-multiple-stabbings-at-pennsylvania-school/

Please post what you think is the reason thing like this are happening.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

The real reason behind things like this is the lack of Jesus Christ in the hearts of humanity.
    But, the social reasons for these incidents are lack of good parenting/no monitoring of children and teens. Parents don’t care, why should their kids? When a child is not cared for emotionally from birth, you get a sociopath (someone with no empathy.) If you had no empathy or fear of authority (you weren’t raised to fear the most basic authority: your parents) what would stop you from going on a rampage at your school? Nothing.
    I don’t believe violent TV, movies, or video games have anything to do with incidents like these, as I grew up with all three and am not a deranged slasher/shooter.
    Some people are also predisposed to the above characteristics, but there is ALWAYS a catalyst.
    Just my two cents from growing up in the Columbine generation! (I’ll be age 22 in May)

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Hannah, very good. I say that you are 100% right and I would have wrote the same thing. I just wanted some else to write it. You did very good and only 22! You had great parents.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Thank you, freedom!
    I did not have a great childhood or a father.
    But I met the Lord when I was 18, and learned that I have a true Father.
    All my knowledge I have learned through Him!

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Gavin de Becker in his book ‘The Gift of Fear’ offers some great insights into what motivates ‘spree killers’ amongst other valuable information!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Hannah, That make you an even stronger person and it shows that we can find the lord at any time in our lifes.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Toby, that one’s been on my reading list for a while!
    Thank you, freedom. I owe everything to Jesus!

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

The reason things like this happens varies. Sometimes people do have some mental issues, which may or may not be already diagnosed. Sometimes those who do these are already on some really messed up psychoactive medication that, when they don’t take it, they become EXTREMELY dangerous.

Other times it can be because many in our generations and younger have become, for lack of a better word, pussies, in which words said to them are worse than actually beating them up. It’s harsh to say but in my opinion it’s true. People are soft now, and that coped with some underlying mental health issues can create a person who becomes very violent because you just said something wrong.

As a side not, in cases like this, you don’t hear the MSM blame the knife, do you? Had it been a gun, it’d be a different issue.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

We should ban knives immediately! Call your congressman.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

There was also a stabbing incident in Toronto this morning as well. The dude used a pair of scissors. Must restrict the access to scissors and register all of them, as well as prohibit small concealable scissors, as well as the large high capacity ghost scissors.

Because safety.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes we need to prohibit baseball bats, also hammers and screw drivers. Yes and why not prohibit driving too! It kills over 40,000 a year. Oh drivers are registered so this one will be easy just go to every house and take there autos.

Oh there is a lot of children drown because of pools so lets stop making pools and close up the ones we have.

Because of safety.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

I broke my leg on a trampoline as a kid (true story) so we need to ban those too.
    Not because I hold a grudge or anything, because of safety. Obviously.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

guns
    this is cute!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Funny – from 14 January we’ve got a new law about all those dangerous weapons that does not like humans. The South African policeman arresting you can decide why you are carrying scissors in you handbag or a screw driver in your vehicle. Three years in jail or a fine….

Definitions
    In this Act, unless the context otherwise indicates —
    ‘‘dangerous weapon’’ means any object, other than a firearm, capable of causing death or inflicting serious bodily harm.

You name it – any object ? Or any object which resembles a firearm and that is likely to be mistaken for a firearm
    Toby – I’ve also got Protecting the Gift – Gavin de Becker

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

The article below has some pictures from the stabbing yesterday. Very interesting to see the teenager who did it and to read his parent’s comments on him (he’s a good kid) vs his peer’s comments on him (he’s a quiet loner.)

http://nydn.us/OCR41B

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.