Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of deblmm
    deblmm
    Survivalist
    member2

A fever is a good indicator IF you have a fever. Tylenol easily hides a fever.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Did I say intentional spreaders are going to be a big problem. Dow down negative 384. The second guy is a spreader like Sawyer flying from Liberia to Nigeria.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>deblmm wrote:</div>A fever is a good indicator IF you have a fever. Tylenol easily hides a fever.

Great point…. Reason we never gave certain meds to people with certain injuries. Don’t want to mask the symptoms.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Dow negative 435 points now. That was a very weird press conference Frieden CDC director held by phone. Sounds like a protective envelope around him may have been activated. Prearranged questions for sure.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The eyes are the best clue. Beware of people with shades.

Profile photo of deblmm
    deblmm
    Survivalist
    member2

Another thing I was thinking, sledjockey, we just entered flu season. We now have a deadly virus going around with the exact same vague symptoms, how many ppl will innocently treat their symptoms as the flu and not ebola?
    Brulen, I noticed that too.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>deblmm wrote:</div>Another thing I was thinking, sledjockey, we just entered flu season. We now have a deadly virus going around with the exact same vague symptoms, how many ppl will innocently treat their symptoms as the flu and not ebola?<br>
    Brulen, I noticed that too.

Exactly….. I just posted on another thread about how many primary care clinics are going to get hosed over because of this. Many people have lower copays if they hit their primary care doc first. Especially if they think that they might have to go to the ER, with medical home models they need that referral or they get really hit on their copay. I know for a fact that we have 0 teaching going on at the 5 clinics I work for.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

deblmm … Flu season is the big “if”. It doesn’t take much to send it all into overdrive. Was it the UN that gave us 60 days. Going into Halloween with a push I think. I bought two packages 200 pair of surgical gloves yesterday. I’ll be shopping at 3 a.m. from now on. Scanners only. Nocrowds. No walking dead.

Profile photo of deblmm
    deblmm
    Survivalist
    member2

Sledjockey, I’m going to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. This is becoming an increasingly worrisome, to say the least, situation. If this isn’t controlled quickly, before peak flu season, primary care/urgent care clinics will get hosed, your right, because some people may not even know they may have been exposed! Absolutely, I have no copay to my primary Doc, and 150 for the ED.
    Of the 3 people at my job that have signed up to treat potential ebola cases, I know 2 personally they work on my floor, and neither have gotten any info about training and no info for future training. Maybe that’s because my hospital isn’t prepared. Oh and to make things worse at my hospital, we have the contract with airport to treat all medical cases on any/all flights, including ebola. I confirmed that last night when I spoke with the house supe. Good grief….it is a fecal-typhoon! ;)

Profile photo of deblmm
    deblmm
    Survivalist
    member2

Awe, not walking dead? Actually I think I may skip that too, don’t need anything else rattling my nerves. Buy some bleach, its cheap and according to that link I posted earlier it kills the virus. Oh and guess what else, the state fair was last weekend in Dallas too, OU/Texas game, wonder how many exposed healthcare workers went? Make sure your skin is taken care of, moisturized, intact skin is one of the best defenses against infection.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

deblmm… I suggested to someone the AT&T Cowboys stadium in Dallas be made Ebola Central. This is madness trying to treat a level 5 virus in any hospital.

Profile photo of deblmm
    deblmm
    Survivalist
    member2

Brulen…….I wear my sunglasses at night
    So I can, So I can
    Watch you….spread ebola?

Profile photo of deblmm
    deblmm
    Survivalist
    member2

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Brulen wrote:</div>deblmm… I suggested to someone the AT&T Cowboys stadium in Dallas be made Ebola Central. This is madness trying to treat a level 5 virus in any hospital.

Yeah, I no longer refer to Texas as Texas anymore it is now just Ebola. This is a different version of Idocracy only its not 500 hundred years in the future.
    Either way, I need sleep, I’ve been up for well over 24hrs now. Sure hope there aren’t any new cases while I sleep.

Profile photo of deblmm
    deblmm
    Survivalist
    member2

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>sledjockey wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>deblmm wrote:</div>A fever is a good indicator IF you have a fever. Tylenol easily hides a fever.

Great point…. Reason we never gave certain meds to people with certain injuries. Don’t want to mask the symptoms.

Yep. I work neuro/stroke, we don’t give a lot of narcotics or benzo’s because they mask the s/s of strokes. Kinda sucks for people who have strokes and chronic pain…

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>deblmm wrote:</div>Brulen…….I wear my sunglasses at night<br>
    So I can, So I can<br>
    Watch you….spread ebola?

LOL sleep and dream of electric sheep. Goodnight

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.