Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

A second Texas health care worker who provided care for Ebola victim Thomas Eric Duncan has contracted the virus, according to preliminary test results released early Wednesday

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/ebola-texas-second-health-care-worker-tests-positive-n226161

CIDRAP is warning that surgical facemasks do not prevent transmission of Ebola, and healthcare professionals (HCP) must immediately be outfitted with full-hooded protective gear and powered air-purifying respirators.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Just saw this on the news! So how infectious is Ebola? So if the 3m n95 mask are not working so what happen to the Ebola virus? Has it mutated? They are not telling us everything. The CDC has been saying that it is not easy to get. Well it looks like it is not easy to protect your self from getting infected.

Next the CDC will ask healthcare professionals to ask NASA for space suits for protection.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

wonder if a full face respirator with p100 filters would do the trick… may turn out to be the best 150 bucks ive ever spent.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Other than self contained pressurized system this is the best made:
    NIOSH-Approved P100 Particulate Filtering Facepiece Respirators
    The P100 particulate filtering facepiece respirator filters at least 99.97% of airborne particles and is strongly resistant to oil.

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/topics/respirators/disp_part/p100list1.html

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

KOS,
    Bought one this morning and 5 chem suits. only 4 pair of filters though, probably need more than that.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

When I worked as a mold remediation technician under strict negative air environments, we could expect our p100’s to last approximately 12 hours, with reduced effectiveness for 6-8 more hours.

Working in a chem suit is a ***** I might add. Legally had to take a break every 15 minutes in those suits. Very easy to freak out and rip your mask off, I have seen it happen.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The 3M® HEPA Mask is the best right now, the filters are P100. Price: $20.24 + $4.05 shipping at Amazon, problem is the filters have to be changed every 8 hours or when you see that you are having a hard time breathing. The filters will set you back Price: $13.37 for two pairs so it is not cheap and is to be used only when things get real bad.
    Link to amazon: http://www.amazon.com/3M-7182-3M%C2%AE-HEPA-Mask/dp/B0006FMK0W

I am ordering the A/C filters for inside the house MERV 13 rated at https://filter-monkey.com/index.php?productID=3613

Like 74 said the best way is to stay put in your house if it gets real bad, the A/C filters, stored food and water, have everything inside you house so you do not need to go out. Tape up the windows with duct tape.

This is what will need to happen when we see things get real bad only. Get prepared since we know that they are not telling us the truth.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

freedom, another aspect of the sheltering-in-place that I have seen noted concerns mail and other deliveries coming into the house. It would need to be actively disinfected or set aside in the sun for UV rays to do it naturally. I’m not fully clear on the correct approach yet myself.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, If it is true they are saying that the Ebola virus dies after 48 hours but they have been not truthful with us so fare.

I would get the mail after two to three days so there is a lot of mail with gloves and still leave them in the sun for a day. Another way is to microwave them.

Profile photo of Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Survivalist
    member5

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>MountainBiker, If it is true they are saying that the Ebola virus dies after 48 hours but they have been not truthful with us so fare.

I would get the mail after two to three days so there is a lot of mail with gloves and still leave them in the sun for a day. Another way is to microwave them.

Be careful with the microwave. Paper can catch fire if heated in a microwave oven.

Profile photo of deblmm
    deblmm
    Survivalist
    member2

Oh my goodness! I think the other days debate about how Ebola is contracted is irrelevant at this point because apparently the hospital did virtually nothing to prevent the spread when it came to providing proper equipment to the workers or really the minimum equipment needed. No shoe covers, really, that virus is all over now.
    The second healthcare worker was on a frontier airlines flight the day before she went to the hospital with a fever and now all of those passengers are being asked to contact the CDC. I can not fathom why on gods green earth this persons travel was not restricted? Are they trying to spread it? I don’t care if she wasn’t symptomatic the day before she tested positive, clearly this virus or this strain of the virus is extremely contagious. Really I am just blown away with the flippant behavior of basically everyone involved. I really think no one gives a crap. Based on what I heard on the news this morning I feel like the entire hospital needs to be quarantined.
    The other day my hospital administrators went to a local news station and told them our hospital was prepared to handle Ebola patients. Well I spoke with a house supervisor and they said we are in no way ready, we don’t have the gear and there are only 3 people who have signed up to treat these patients, 3 out of an entire hospital!
    The people from the flight, which was a 100 or more plus the people from the hospital, which is now 76, that’s a huge possible exposure, 176 at the minimum. Stupid, stupid, stupid!
    Time to make some last minute preps to shelter in place.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

deblmm, The second Ebola patient was on a flight the day before she ended up in the hospital with full blown Ebola. How many people in flight got it now?

Profile photo of deblmm
    deblmm
    Survivalist
    member2

Yep, the flight was from Cleveland to Dallas. I think it was flight was frontier airlines 1143. I know I have the airline carrier correct the flight number may be wrong. This is what they are reporting right now on CNN, who knows if its right.
    I found this link, its actually Canadian, about ebola. It also has a lot of references listed that may prove useful.

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/lab-bio/res/psds-ftss/ebola-eng.php

Just don’t believe anyone. My hospitals admins are lying to me, my coworkers and the public.
    Don’t forget about water filters for potable water.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

This is what happens when you have people in charge like we do. This is 100% the fault of the head of our Executive Branch. Between the open borders, lack of enforcing the laws they are supposed to enforce, politics for personal agendas rather than fixing internal issues, and the incompetent people that were put in charge we are now in this fecal-typhoon.

I am SO frustrated with the lack of common sense that has become the norm in our country. If there was a secret plan to carefully destroy America from within it definitely seems to be working.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The existence of a fever seems to be the best indicator. They will no doubt start using thermal scanners for crowds and pulling people out for questioning if sometdhing is detected. Quarantine lists for potential victims are coming hard and fast.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.