Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Oh, the Dems are in serious trouble – no doubt. But I’ve seen that scenario before too. We shall see….

It’s the Republicans in Congress I’m concerned about, and the John Roberts-types on the Court that concern me. I don’t trust them. Romney/Cruz and others are TOO quiet. Only McCain and Graham are really speaking out so far. Either they’re being allowed to, or they’re just too incompetent to know better right now – or more probably, both. But there were some extremely vocal (and active) people trying to do Trump in from within the Republican Party, even after he was nominated. They’ve almost all just dropped off the radar. Romney’s not ready to go into full-on retirement with Anne anytime soon. Nor is Cruz. We ain’t heard the last of the Republican wing …. And they control the purse strings, law making, and law undoing. I truly hope I turn out to simply be too paranoid. But like most paranoids, I don’t think so.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

GS

I don’t think it’s to paranoid to say right now even if this denial of the legitimate powers of the President fight goes to the Supreme Court the left coast has already decided to make its own immigration policy. It’s what Trump said in the beginning …. Either we have a country or we don’t. The federal appeals court that stopped Trump is in San Francisco.

Can California make immigration policy for the whole USA. That’s unthinkable. It can’t be allowed. Abe Lincoln – One country indivisible. The super bowl of all fears.

I suppose the Northwest Redoubt and Texas better prepare for Jericho. I don’t see any way of containing it unless President Trump invokes the Insurrection Act revised in 2006 or 2007 and passed again and again since 1807. A lot of careful preparation for Hillary to become dictator and oops Trump happens. And he has the personality of a rock. Lol

Romney is probably in New Zealand hanging around the other millionaires with retreats there.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Can the left do a major obstruction of presidential power? Without declaring civil war. Without eliminating the Constitution of the U.S.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

The left PLUS several snakes in the Republican grass certainly can (particularly in the Senate) ….

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The left is indeed solidly organized and entrenched, while conservatives tend to be individualistic as someone pointed out in the “Days of Rage” post. I am a pessimist and do not see the next four years ending well. At least not what we wish it to be. And by then, I have no doubt the Liberals will have the voting well-rigged to avoid another Trump-style victory. Still prepping…

I agree. At best maybe a quarter of the electorate will always vote Democrat and a quarter Republican no matter who the candidate is. It is that broad middle that leans a little to the left or a little to the right that determine who wins. These folks can go either way, and they have. Unless Trump knocks off the endless twitter comments and starts behaving a bit more presidential, the Republicans may see crushing defeats in 2018 and 2020. He can continue doing everything he is doing at a policy level without making himself look like an overly sensitive bully. Someone needs to tell him he won the election and it is time to be the President. It may be fun to hear some of what he says, but it is not playing well in the middle. The rest of us need to remember he barely won several States. A small fraction of the middle changing sides in those States and he will lose in 2020. We also can’t lose sight of the fact that demographics is on the side of the left. It gets slightly better for them each year that goes by.

The other thing is that as much as many of us like his fast pace, implementation matters, and the roll out of the temporary entry ban left much to be desired. It seemed as if nobody had taken a day to think through what kinds of scenarios will quickly pop up.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

TPTB/DC Machine are showing the new Pres that since he is an outsider, not ‘one of them’, things will not go the way he wants. Certainly not smoothly or quickly. That is why many naive and altruistic people who get elected by promising so much–fade into the background. (Not saying Trump is altruistic or totally naive…just not ‘one of them’.) The opposition, even those who claim conservatism, are putting up roadblocks just to discipline him. Sad that our USA is so bogged down in politics at its worst. Forward progress if any, will be slow. (Or is it backward progress, to what things used to be? Or should have been?)

Plus Trump is used to being at the helm in the business world. He is not a dictator of this country. Things in a constitutional republic move slowly because many minds and many opinions are involved. Unfortunately, many special interests too. I am glad that the left did not win this election, but I am not sure we did, either. Still prepping…

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I am glad that the left did not win this election, but I am not sure we did, either. Still prepping…

For me that the left didn’t win, is a win for us.
    Like Trump or not, he ain’t Killary.
    Delays to their destructive plans? Great.
    Perhaps a long time before they can effect the SCOTUS? Outstanding.

I’m looking at this time, 4-8 years as my time to focus on those things that are most likely to be restricted in the future. Firearms, magazines, ammunition, etc. Short of a constitutional amendment forbidding any restrictions on the Bill of Rights, the attacks will continue as soon as they can muster the strength.

For me, this is the time to double down on efforts, while stuff is still “cheap” and plentiful.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

It’s going to escalate. The media are treating the court decision like a fait accompli. They have no idea what president Trump can do. From this point on i’d say prepare for the worst. Treasonous liberal declaration of war in no uncertain terms. Not a nation of laws, a nation of words on paper to be ignored.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Whirlibird: “For me, this is the time to double down on efforts, while stuff is still “cheap” and plentiful.”

I agree. Read about Venezuela these days. “Couldn’t happen to one of the richest oil countries…” A vignette from “Lucifer’s Hammer” sticks with me, if I recall correctly: The survivors diving into a flooded KMart, and seeing all the ruined goods like paper products and corn flakes, unusable, so cheap and so available a few months ago, and rarer than diamonds now. Unobtainable at any price.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Wildartist…

Oddly enough I was thinking of the scene in Atlas Shrugged where Readon and Francisco meet for the first time. Outside is a storm, with cold winds blowing across a barren plain. Inside a silly society people not realizing what is protecting them from the storm. Francisco and Readon have a conversation. Deeper than Trump and Congress ever had. We know how it ends… and begins again.
    You want it to end well but you know the odds. Return to the dark ages. Smart people, primitive technology. Wizards and demons. Cannibals and slaves. Our kids are way ahead of us in the fantasy realm.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.