Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well we just hit the $18 Trillion U. S. National Debt. When will the economy collapse? Some say it is somewhere in the $20 to $25 Trillion which would put us in 2016 to 2017. The higher the debt goes the faster it grows.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I don’t think any of us can pick what the magic number is. Personally I’m surprised by how long the Titans of Wall Street & DC have been able to kick the can down the road. All us peons can do is keep on improving upon our personal self sufficiency.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Agree we do not know the number but it is a clock which is running out of time. I personally think the collapse will just happen one day and no one will be 100% ready and not even know what just happen.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Freedom ,
    thats pretty much how the great depression started , didnt learn much did we .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

No we didn’t. Tolik I think this one will be so big that the great depression will be remembered only as a bad time and the one that is coming will be remembered as the end of the U. S. as we know it today. I hope to God that we can come out of it and build it right up the right way.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I also share your prediction . Some people think that we will break up into regional republics , That might not be a bad idea . Thats why its so important to buy a gun and ammo now , its going to get real bad on the street .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes I to think we will break up into regional republics, maybe three. I have the guns and ammo so I am ready. I know you are too. I can always use more ammo. The city is going to get bad so the more ammo the better.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>No we didn’t. Tolik I think this one will be so big that the great depression will be remembered only as a bad time and the one that is coming will be remembered as the end of the U. S. as we know it today. I hope to God that we can come out of it and build it right up the right way.

There are many societal/cultural differences between now and the 1930’s which would make a depression much worse. Key amongst the differences are that back then we didn’t have such a huge chunk of society totally dependent upon Uncle Sugar. People were more self sufficient. These differences will result in much more crime & violence.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, More crime, violence will happen this time around for sure. Also you hit it right on self sufficient! In the 1930’s many planted and saved food for the next day, week and month. Now 95% have enough food for three to five days at best.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Uncle Goldman Sachs appears to control more of our debt than Uncle Suger. If the banks close one day you’ve got basically what you own and no credit. It will be sudden and happen without warning. Some new malware LOL

Profile photo of sabasarge
    sabasarge
    Veteran
    member1

An illuminating take…….

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-02/5-complete-lies-about-americas-new-18-trillion-debt-level

We do not fight to be free; we fight because we are free
    - Avraham "Ya'ir" Stern -

Profile photo of Aukxsona
    Aukxsona
    Survivalist
    member2

If we had a Depression, without Snap, without WIC, without heat assistance and checks for section 8, we would have a huge problem.

Do you think the government is unaware of where the highest amount of needy would be? If the trucks stopped rolling tomorrow, the cities would be in shambles by the weekend. Cities are by definition a resource sink. Anyone in a city would have a tough go of it, without government assistance, without electricity, without supply trucks rolling in every week.

The government knows where these places are. Have you noticed how city police have all the gear. Where I live, they have a glorified bronco and that is the extent of their Homeland security. Our population is 2k and a lot, like most people, live for hunting, fishing, gardening, and canning. School is out of session for the first day of deer season. The government isn’t bothering us with Swat teams, helicopters, semi-automatic rifles on our police. They live in harmony with us here in the boondocks, because most of us are not going to be a threat if there are disruptions. Most people will pull together.

In the city it will be different. Once that debt clock ticks it’s final tock and time has run out on Uncle Sam’s ability to pay the debt on his bonds, things will get hairy in a hot minute. There will be no imports. That means no luxury goods like Mercedes Benz, but also some pharmaceuticals. Prices may shoot to astronomical levels. We here, where I live, just approved a min. wage increase of a modest dollar. I hear in other states min. wage is 13 dollars an hour. That’s a full 2 dollars more than my husband is paid, and that is considered high pay here. It may become a race of who can keep min. wage up or there will be a lot of empty shelves in stores where min. wage is not kept with inflation.

If min. wage does keep up with inflation, we may get hyper inflation, especially if we keep printing dollars to pay the money we owe on our bonds. What then? Will gold be the only real money? The pound? Sterling?

I suspect then things will turn for the worst in ways we not foresee.

When was the last time you went without electricity, running water, food, and had babies screaming for food...now you know why I prep. These are the things a mother's nightmares are made of.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Our financial system is balanced on the head of a pin and spinning out of anybody’s control. Occasionally they produce a new shill to explain it but even that got old. Only the Devil knows why its lasted this long.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The min. wage should be by city and state not by the federal government. Someone in New York City has a hard time on a min. wage but in many small cities and many states the min. wage is OK, not great but OK.

So again the idea is to let the states and cities regulate the min. wage.

Uncle Goldman Sachs looks like is in the drivers seat controlling and moving the price of gold and silver. But remember that they are the same players(Bank of America, Chase, Wells Fargo) they are all the same!

The cities will be bad but please remember that the government has plans in place for everything including the small towns and farmland. Do not thing for a minute that you are safe just because you live in a small town.

In the end they need the small towns and farmland to produce for them the food so they will take control of all lands. Study history of all the countries where a dictatorship happen. Dictators control all the production of food even if the production goes down to 25% they do not care, they want food for them and there troops. They do not care if the people die of hunger. The believe that food = control so a very small amount of food to the people will control the people. All the people will be thinking about everyday is where and how much food the government will give them that day. Total control. So they will take over your small towns!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.