Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

An outstanding post by M.D. Creekmore over at Survivalist Blog. Gives a short, to the point list of the major factors affecting the US and why we’re going down the drain… some are important, some are important but critical.

Might want to put a push on your preps, y’all…

http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/united-states-collapse/

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus, Very good article. We are going down. How the end game happens I am not sure but we are on are way there. Prepare, prepare and prepare.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus,

As a group I think we have covered those 16 topics pretty well.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

I agree with you. But new folks might like a brief article – a recap (or even statement of the obvious) as to why we’re going down the drain/causes for our implosion…

Maybe I’m just being obvious…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus,
    Oh great article, nothing wrong with the post. I was just patting ourselves on the back.

Here what is scaring me..Leopard’s posts about South Africa http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/south-african-news/#post-13853 We could end up living like that for a long time.
    There has been quite a bit of discussion regarding collapse in the USA, but I am coming to believe we will have a continuous decline into a long period of wanton crime and corruption. Holding the civil part of the population at bay with ridiculous laws protecting criminals. I think I could handle total collapse, riots, chaos, anarchy and secession better than what I see as our future.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Gents and ladies, I have long advocated looking at South Africa,  Rhodesia and Argentina as examples of what is likely to happen.

Quick and dramatic?  Help will come.

Slow grind over years, nobody cares.

Bosnia? The UN and others stepped in and “helped”.

Rhodesia? 35 years later the jewel in the crown, the breadbasket that fed Africa is below cesspool levels.

South Africa?  22 years later, they’re headed down the same path as Rhodesia,  just faster in a lot of respects. And no help is forthcoming.

Look closely at the future in the past. Its not that far away, in either direction.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Whirl,

Kind of on the fence with your comments.. reasons being, there’s lots more going on than just ‘fast’ and ‘slow’…

South Africa? Nevermind that the ANC and their cronies are all communist thugs, including Mandela (who was responsible for a whole laundry list of atrocities) – the Western Media has too much self-righteous moral capital invested in South Africa to admit they were wrong the whole time, so what’s happening in SA gets no airtime. Plus – and you know this is true – it’s fashionable to beat up on Evil Whitey. Reverse the conditions in SA, especially what’s happening with the Boer Farmers, and the Media would be demanding NATO go in, guns blazing..

Rhodesia? Erm.. Zimbabwe? Same thing. Evil Whitey getting beat up on? Tossed off his land? Nobody cares. Worse – and they’ll never admit it in a thousand years, but sometimes if you piss them off and they’re hiding behind the anonymity of the computer, they’ll cop to it – they’re secretly glad it’s happening, considering it “payback” for every hurt – real or imagined. So, what’s going on in Zimbabwe is ignored, or else they drag out that old horse to beat on – “A legacy of colonialism”. Bottom line, nobody will do anything.

Yugoslavian Civil War? Got lots of play because it was Europe and threatened the Status Quo. Plus, in the press, it was Evil Christians beating up on Poor Muslims. If that would have happened in Africa or SA, nobody would say boo. Plus, Clinton was looking for something to divert attention away from himself, so of course he gets involved… had nothing to do with ‘fast’…

Argentina? Might as well be on the moon as far as most Americans are concerned… A hundred years ago, they were our main competition, but now? Just another also-ran. A 3rd or 4th rate country’s economy implodes? Will it affect us? No? Bottom line, nobody cares. Interesting sidenote – the things Argentina did to get their economy to implode are the same things that we are doing – have been doing – but somehow we think we’re immune because “WE’RE ‘MURKA!! WE’RE NO. 1!!” and everyone waives their big foam finger with “No.1″ on it…

Here, read all about puny Argentina… they used to kick ass, but now? Eh… not so much.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2009/11/dont-cry-for-me-america.html

When it happens to us.. well, the elephant in the room is that none of the above countries had their currency as the world’s reserve currency. When the dollar/our economy implodes, it will affect every other nation on earth, since the main currencies of the world are all tied to the dollar (which used to be tied to gold, but hasn’t since August of 1971… thanks Nixon). I think that when we go down, we’re taking everyone else out too, and because everyone else will be dealing with their own problems, I seriously doubt that anyone will come to our aid… ever.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“I seriously doubt that anyone will come to our aid… ever” –

Can’t give what you don’t have…Ya Malgus you’re pretty much spot on.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

On Argentina – I mentioned this guy once before; he lived it also.  Fernando “FerFal” Aguirre.  Here’s a vid on him and his survival story of the collapse there.  He’s got a book out also on “The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse”.  Also can be found on YouTube as “TheModernSurvivalist” moniker where he’s got over 400 vids posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTf45GHe11w – 20 Min.

He’s got a bit of a different view on what to do about it, but there’s nuggets to be found I believe from anyone who’s been there like Selco.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

No one will help us, even Europe which we helped them in WWII.  Much of what Malgus wrote is right. Malgus it doesn’t make me happy to say that because it is all bad history and it is looking more like us. I sometime think we are the only ones that see this happening. That is what they are counting on.

Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Would we really want help from the EU?  If you look at what they’ve already done to themselves over there I say “Thanks, but no thanks.”

Other than the typical unachievable left leaning version of “utopia” as they see it – no rich, no poor, everyone fed, 20 hour work weeks, .gov handouts for all, etc. – does anyone think this is being orchestrated to reduce or minimize the West?  Or do you just think that the decision makers really believe they can achieve their goals if they just do it the right way – despite history’s many examples of  failure?

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Malgus,

I wasn’t looking so much at the causation, but the effects afterwards.

I reference Rhodesia,  what it once was, the promise it had.

The raging excrement pile that it became once the commies took over, that is zim. I won’t capitalize it, I won’t spell it out, it is a black hole of corruption and waste. But it is an interesting study in the effects of collapse.

The food and gas shortages,  or lack thereof, the power for hours a week, the public officials making millions upon millions when the rank and file citizens scrounge to get clean water and enough food to eat every day.

That is what we need to fear, to watch and prevent.

South Africa is headed down the same cesspool,  with the backing of every commie terrorist backing (mandela lovers) libtard out there.

And if we don’t do something quick, where will we be?

Harry Reid and the BLM are already redistributing stolen lands,  just like mugabe.

Argentina?  Cutting off foreign currency and seizing the bank accounts,  again a country that was a breadbasket now struggling to feed its people.

We can’t look to anyone for help, we’ve already given it all away.

What we can do on a personal and local level is try to ensure that you and yours, your neighborhood, your town doesn’t sink to those levels.

Pipe dreams? Perhaps,

But as bad as it is, its still better here than anywhere else. And if we take back what is ours, our freedom, our birthright,  our country. Change doesn’t start in DC, it starts inside our front door. Enough people make a change inside that front door, it changes things down the block, then across town, then it just keeps going.

But it has to be positive,  growth, repair. If not, its just another bs bandaid that keeps that train headed over the cliff.

P.S. I had the Grateful Deads “Hell in a bucket” cranked in honor of this thread.

Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Pipe dreams?  Definitely not!  Isn’t that why we’re all here – to keep this from happening?  Or at least protect those we love and care about while preserving the good?  Using our rights backed by the 2A (last resort), we shouldn’t be standing for those things that triggered other historical collapses.  Maybe we can’t make a full rudder steer correction, but like Whirli said we can sure effect those near us – family, friends and neighbors, and they can affect more.  Anyone for the tri-states?

True positive growth might have to come after a collapse of sorts – I can’t see it turning around with the system as is.  One thing is clear – career politicians need to be kept out of the process.

- Thomas Paine

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

Usa has too much  debt  unless you utilize CAFR funds to  fund spending then  no problems but that will require a change of government beyond the two party system now in play.

What is going to crush  USA soon is fact that dollar is no longer  a reserve currency biggest blow will be new russian china  gas deal. With BRICS plus 160 other countries so far looking at new IMF and reserve currency deal with russia and china clearly in control. This means the  now useless treasury and physical dollars, will be returned  to be redeemed for  what they can.. considering outstanding currency  in usd is around 80% of total currency  so what are they going to get when they return their money? It will  create hyper inflation at very least. Last two or so years china slowly backing out of US treasuries  from 2 trillion in treasuries and 1 trillion in cash  to just over ! in treasuries and buying gold , it is going slow so it does not end up with  junk bonds but piss them off  and well…..

The old adage is will where are they going to sell the stuff…. more like why give it to someone who cant pay better to enrich their own people and BRICS members than to give to USA who can only buy on  credit that is not longer good. if they where to change average Chinese to 1/2 way to lowest of mid American level they could use up 5 years of production.

With the currency they have been  buying out all the farm land water rights and infrastructure in USA there is  still more but they have still 2 trillion  to buy with.

The russians have also backed the rouble  with gold awhile back.

All signs pointed to economic Armageddon with  idiots fighting over where they are sitting on the economic  Hindenburg of the economy.

Not a pretty picture

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.