Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Спаси, Господи, люди твоя (“Spasi, Gospodi, Iyudi Tvoya”)

O Lord, Save Thy People…

I was raised Catholic… but righteousness is the same, no matter what language, country or sect of Christianity. I only understand the first couple words, but my heart understands the rest… no translation needed…

And I am reminded of what a miserable wretch I am… and the only reason I’m still here is because the Almighty hasn’t decided to crush me like an insect…

Still… a Merry Christmas to all… May the Son of the Lord of All Creation smile on you and yours…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

O Lord at least save a few people so we can start over again, wiser and better than we were before Judgement Day.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

мое сердце понимает остальные … перевод не требовался … Very beautiful words Malgus (my heart understands the rest… no translation needed…)

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Merry Christmas to you and your family. The answer to your question “the only reason I’m still here is because the Almighty hasn’t decided to crush me like an insect…” God has not crushed you because he knows how much you believe in him and God knows that you still need to learn more before he take you, Same reason I am still here too!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“the only reason I’m still here is because the Almighty hasn’t decided to crush me like an insect…”  time is on his side, there’s plenty of time for that.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

time is on his side, there’s plenty of time for that.

Very true.

About the time my own arrogance, hubris, fury, etc, start raising up, something like the above comes along to remind me that I basically suck… that if there is a more unworthy soul on this mudball, I haven’t met him yet…

I can be – am – my own worst enemy…

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Merry and blessed Christmas to all!

Malgus, I might give you a run for your money! Truth be told, we are all unworthy losers. May God have mercy and pity upon us, and smile on us when we actually manage to do it right!

Here’s to our Lord and creator, and to our salvation.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

@ WhiteKnight,

Merry Christmas to you… and to those who answered, and didn’t answer as well…

I dunno… it’s not my intention to vent here… I was in a dark place for a very long time. It wasn’t that I did questionable things, because I did… it was that I did questionable things, and enjoyed myself…

Came full circle a little while ago… decided that I needed to straighten myself out. Going to church, etc, all that doesn’t matter… what really matters is right action... every day, if I can. Even when no-one is looking…

My success rate? Eh… still working on that…. still catch myself being the old me, now and again…

“unworthy losers” is right…

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus I’m sure you have heard the old axiom; “The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching.” Wooden

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

@ Malgus,

I’m sure you’ve done your fair share of wrongs in this life. But for comparison, do you remember Saul, the saint murderer? Saul would later go on to become St. Paul. Yep, that St. Paul.

Saul was essentially a Roman govt. gestapo type, who was hunting and killing the followers of Christ… the first few generations of Christians. Knowing those types, I am more than sure he enjoyed his job. Yet, he would go on to be one of God’s most favored and honored servants. So remember, God’s ability to forgive is very much superhuman. Also remember that one of Satan’s (and his foolish angel followers) favorite tactics is to accuse you. You are a monster, Malgus. God will never forgive you.

While God’s mercy does not give us license to go and do whatever we want, He sent us Jesus to pay the debt of our sins. I, too, have major lapses in my constant struggle to keep his commands. I also share in common having been in a dark place. I was in very deep trouble for a while. It took me hitting rock bottom to figure out I needed God’s help. I asked for it, and He did not disappoint.

I share your self-frustration… I tell myself every day that I will be just like Christ for the day. About an hour into my morning and I’ve already wished ill upon that slow driver in the passing lane. Blew it again. Just gotta do our best and ask for His help and try to live for Him and not ourselves.

PS trivia fact, this interaction between Jesus and Saul is mentioned in a great Rolling Stones song.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.