Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

Sorry I haven’t been around much guys and gals… Springtime is high season for us. Work work work and, oh yeah, more work.

Right quick, I was inventorying my stuff and I came across a bayonet from one of my ancestors. Old school type, definitely 19th century. The blade was still razor sharp and it is triangular in cross section.

Did some research and found out that those old guys knew what they were doing – see, the triangular cross-section of the blade resulted in a triangular wound. Literally, a Y-shaped wound. Thing is, from a medical standpoint, the Y-shaped wound is the hardest to stitch closed and most prone to infection, since movement automatically opens it again, no matter how many stitches you put in…

Meaning, if the original bayonet wound didn’t kill your opponent, then infection and sepsis would do the job later on…

An old-school bayonet (either the genuine article or a reproduction – no worries, I have plenty of sites that carry them) attached to the end of an ash pole and bolted in place would make one helluva spear… or pike.

Just for FYI…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1