Gypsy Wanderer Husky
Gypsy Wanderer Husky
Survivalist
exprepper

Death will be met,and it will be a bad bad day. Being one of the stronger people in my group. I can see me having to deal with it more so. When my mother passed away in 2000, I was at the time 25. She passed at home with her doctor present. He allowed the family to keep her with us for mourning which was only a couple days. Two I think. Well while she was with us. After the storm had calmed and we where able to function again. My father and I went into her room closed the door.
My brother was in no way of handling things at that moment at all. So he kept my oldest daughter who was two at the time company.

After Dad and I figured out what we where going to do. We both came out and scrubbed up. He went and found a large bowl and filled it with warm water. Then grabbed a face cloth and towel. Mean while I went and picked out clean cloths for her.

We both met back up checked on the others, then went back into the room.

Both of us removed the bed cloths, then began to wash her down. we dryed her off then dressed her. Was it hard.. Yes. We stripped the bed with her in the bed and replaced the bedding. and we then placed her blankets on her comfortably again, in a way that she just looked as if she was sleeping.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
If this had been a SHTF type of death we would have thought out more.
Yes we would have went through every thing we did. Only this time hospital masks and aprons would be worn.
At the end we would not have remade the bed with her in it we would have wrapped her up in the blankets.
She would be then buried. We would then stripp down and shower and change.
*********************************************************************************************************************************.
With out knowing if they are contagious, newcomers would be placed in quarantine which would be a area out side normal living areas at out BOL.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
George S. Patton