Profile photo of namelus
namelus
Survivalist
member7

A question do you really think you can outrun what is to come? Local crisis yes, but i am sure you all read about the global problems.

I have walked over 1500 km with dog back pack no resupply it too just over 60 days you just need to know what you are doing and go slow and sure.

We talk all about the tools the physical requirements the most important is the mental component. strong bodies without the will to drive them are useless.

We talk about survival skills. how many are comfortable with leaving with just clothes on your back and KNOWING you can survive? We are not just talking SHFT think what skills would you have to keep yourself out of refugee camp? Those places are living hell.

There are always valued skills even in back water places, medical, mechanical skills top the list what can you offer? If you have to leave your bug out location due to some unforeseen event what do you have to offer a new group when you have lost all but your life?

Many in my local area that call them selves preppers fall into one of three categories the talkers who are like the grasshopper in the grasshopper and ant story. hoping that because they know you you will share with them.
The second are the moderately prepared with minimal skills they will weather most small some medium but are wholly unprepared for a world changing event. The third are the tough nuts they dont have the fanciest gear but have the mindset and skill to use what they have to best advantage, been through tough times and knows what it takes, to do so and still be able to forgive yourself for things you had to do. Everything they do has survival in it it is way of life not a hobby.

Toby you state they dont pass along most skills and tips to strangers, its true because the cost of learning and the repercussions for discussing such things in polite society has dire consequence in a world where how things are perceived are more important than how things are. There are some things those people only talk to other of their kind about because words can describe some things that will haunt you forever only another who has been close to that can possibly understand.

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter. Hemmingway