Sting
Sting
Survivalist
rreallife

Knife review of Cabelas Pro Gold fixed blade hunting knife.

I have to say right now that this knife has never been used in as dire a situation as our friend Selco that needed and used in his SHTF situation. It is a fixed blade, 4 inches in length, rubber textured grip. It is coated with a titanium nitride coating, hence the Pro Gold moniker. Why is this my favorite out of the 70 some knives I own? Simple. It has the sharpest and most useful blade design I have ever seen.

I am a Bowhunter for deer, and it has field dressed at least 5 deer before it even came close to needing sharpening, and even then it barely needed it. It is made for Cabelas by Buck, and they are known for making some very nice factory knives. Just cause it is not a custom, doesn’t mean it can’t be good. And this knive is most certainly good. Any hunter can tell you that field dressing large mammals takes it’s toll on a knife edge. This knife performs and then some. And if it does needs to be sharpened, and you don’t have the means to do so, you can send back to Buck and they will sharpen free of charge ( other than shipping ). But hey if you read this site you had better to at least be able to sharpen your knife. Otherwise Selco will tsk-tsk you into shame!

Sting