Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
GeorgiaSaint
Veteran
member9

LOL! I still can’t comprehend being the age I am, being a great grandpa multiple times over, yet not imagining myself being anywhere near capable of either. Heck – my grandfather looked at least as old as I do now, when he was 49. I’ve got his photos and mine to satisfy myself that my perspective is accurate. I find it a bit fun to be what I used to consider “old” and yet not even remotely be able to relate to it. Slowed down, and a bit more creaky when I move? Sure – but not OLD! Good for your grandpa!

The only problem is that while it’s not suicidal ideation, I otherwise really don’t want to live a whole lot longer to experience what’s coming. I can’t help my kids and grandkids (let along my great grandkids) – they think they know better, despite what we taught them as they grew up. And I really don’t want to see what happens to them – much too sad. So I’ll just hang on to defining myself as “old” and hope that script plays out. Unfortunately a whole slew of medical testing says I’m likely to live up to my genetic coding, which includes a bunch of centenarians in my direct lineage. :-)

GS
"Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."