Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
GeorgiaSaint
Veteran
member9

Truth? No problem. Whole truth? Sometimes that can getcha into trouble. No sense broadcasting one’s less-public inner thoughts while at the same time leaving identity even easier to track. Good analogy – it does seem a lot like taking said cross country trip without a toolkit. Some of my most favorite tools include an excellent virus/firewall program (and NOT what Microsoft provides), the addition of Malwarebytes, a VPN, and occasionally checking security through such means as the Gibson Research site. Additionally, I set up Firefox with every privacy tool available on it, and close it out immediately before and after either visiting a non-HTTPS site, or going to a banking or other financial or medical site. Leaves no cookies, history, etc., if set up properly. Not foolproof, but then we can’t take the entire mechanic’s shop with us either, and few of us have that much expertise even if we had all the tools the gummint and other operators have. What? Me paranoid?

GS
"Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.