Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
GeorgiaSaint
Veteran
member9

MB, with that “attitude,” it’s clear that you’re part of the immoral capitalist cancer that has ruined this country [sarc/OFF]. ;-)

Sadly, even in retirement, once we reach Social Security age we still have money confiscated from us to support them. We pay tax on more than 50% of our Social Security checks, despite the fact that we already paid tax on the mandatory portion we “contributed” out of every pay check through the years. I fully understand being taxed on the other 50% that our employers “contributed” to our Social Security checks (except for those that paid it all themselves due to the self-employment tax). But how we end up being taxed on the 50% of our check that we paid into the system, has never been explained to me. And how that has stood the test of time without congressional correction would be a mystery to me – if I didn’t understand who/what infests Washington D.C.

GS
"Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."