wildartist
wildartist
Survivalist
member7

I strongly believe in preparing for disaster and hard times. I also believe in self-defense. And, I’m not at all sure we will be taken away before the Great Tribulation. Remember, in Revelation, the martyred saints were asking “How long, O Lord?” and His reply was +/- “until your brothers that are destined to die, have died.” (Yes, it’s a paraphrase.) And I agree with Elijah, there are many historical episodes of suffering and death that believers went through. With all the suffering they endured, do we think that we will escape, home free?

Americans, especially, feel they are God’s “chosen” and therefore He will give them all the goodies they want and keep them safe from all harm. Yet, our deaths may glorify Him. We need to make sure our lives do, also.

1Peter 4:12, 13: Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

Romans 5:3: Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance… WHAT! Rejoice??? Not in the USA! But Third World people accept that suffering is part of life, and they deal with it.

I think that this “comfort” and “safety” attitude is what will kill many people when things go down. They just will not be able to cope with pain and discomfort. To me, attitude is the first prep. I have seen other women with us on mission trips who could not cope with Asian toilets or lack of TP, much less ‘going’ behind a bush or building. . . But I digress. My point is that God does not automatically insulate us from the evil and discomfort of this fallen world. It is a fact of life as we know it.

If your will to live is strong, and your faith in God is strong, He will walk beside you through fire and flood, to hell and back, which He did for us, several times. He also gave us a brain. Use it. Prepare, train, improvise, adapt, live.