Profile photo of tweva
tweva
Survivalist
rreallife

Vettom –
There are all sorts of people in the world. Each with their own strengths, weaknesses and abilities as we know. I like to think of analogies to my problems I can see in nature itself. When it comes to people, I have found it useful to start thinking of how a beehive works. And, yet it does work..they stay together and often thrive (except for man’s interference of course). Or, like an old sailing ship…there is the captain, the cook, the linesman, those the set the sails….

If you are a ‘planner’, if you for whatever reason are born or have come to see value in looking ahead further than next week, next month, next year…you can forget that there are even more people than you that are day-to-day people and more.. at least as I see it. That is not a bad thing…it takes all roles to make a cohesive whole.

For me it comes down to developing mutual understanding and respect for each others position…and if need be, lovingly agreeing to disagree. That said, you can’t force someone to understand or respect anyone. It’s rather more most often earned don’t you think? by persistant,yet loving, sheer dogged belief in yourself and your values and quiet determination despite the rain of skeptical, multitudinous doubts. With patience, circumstance usually has a way of bringing about the tipping point in one’s favor. Just often never happens as quickly, nor in the manner we would like. Someone else here gave/wrote something/sample conversations about this recently, somewhere. Sorry you’ll have to search for it a bit I think. I couldn’t find it easily.

Sure someone else has better thoughts. This IMHO. Deep breaths meantime.