vettom
vettom
Survivalist
member2

I first belonged to a small group of preppers, and they were all pretty nice, had great ideas and would meet regularly and then it just fell apart, not sure why. Ok, so was invited to join another group, these were Christian based, great group, BUT. They seem to want to talk the talk and not walk the walk. They still meet, sorta like a social group, but I am far and above more prepared up than they are and they just don’t seem to be moving off 1st base, still. When the SHTF I am not sure how they will meet-up, stay in place or what but I cannot include them in my scenarios, due to distance for one and lack of general preparedness, IMHO. I cannot depend on their lack of planning so I still stay in touch but don’t discuss much with them about prepping now. I am being objective here, not judgmental as reality dictates the real world and what ought to be. Like my own family, they just think I am eccentric. Simply does not see what going on, and I think just tries to shut most of this out. I has gotten very problematic since I don’t want the friction, I just keep on clandestinely. I have several very close Christian friends and we have a lot in common and preparedness in a lot of areas. We are looking at holes to fill. We have interviewed a few people from time to time to see if they would be suitable to join up. So far, we have not found that the few would actually be genuine preppers of some serious degree. I look at my neighbors around me who are seemingly clueless, i hope not. I hope for them, it isn’t so and they are preparing, but I am not running a charity service either.