Profile photo of aussie mick
aussie mick
Survivalist
member1

Can’t work out how to set up a “prepper profile”….but have a tip that may help some people with security and food supplies….grow dragon fruit around your perimeter fences…a great source of food..from a cactus…makes a great security fence (thousands of thorns)…gets better every year…can be shaped and guided to grow in any direction you wish by tying and cutting…grows from cuttings…will survive with little water, as it is a desert plant…although…watering 2 or 3 times a week will give more fruit. This year,from 5 plants (3 years old)…I have picked over 400 fruit..at an average weight of 450 grams…fruits continuously for 6 months. Next year…will be picking fruit from over 60 plants. There are about 10 different varieties…can be used as a great food source for barter…I swap them for eggs…veges…bakery products…the list is endless. Teach your neighbours to do the same…give them cuttings..I even plant the cuttings for them…they will have their own..instead of relying on my goodwill…I have given away over 100 plants so far…teach others to be self sufficient. A security fence, a privacy barrier, a food source..that gets better every year. Can also be grown up free standing posts, stumps or trees. Google “dragon fruit”…Aussie Mick.