elijah
elijah
Prepper
member6

Thank you, Hannah, for your encouragement; you are kind.

There is an additional item I have recalled only now that’s not in the first post, and that is the belief by some that the Church will be taken out of the way (I expect you know what I mean, without me having to spell that out here) and will not go through such tribulation. They therefore conclude that prepping is pointless and also shows a lack of faith in God’s words.

My answer is that there have been countless shtf incidents throughout history, and Christians have often had to go through them; in fact, in many of them Christians have been especially targeted for death, as still happens today. Every year tens of thousands of professing Christians are victimized, beaten, tortured, imprisoned, mutilated or murdered for no reason other than claiming to be followers of Christ, but the media almost never mentions any of this and most people are unaware that it is happening.

The future event we await for the Church will happen at the right time, but for everything else we should prepare as best we can and trust Christ to intercede for us for the rest.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!