Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

Road,

About 8 months ago, a friend of mine who worked in NYC as an investment banker wrote me an email.

He said, in so many words, that if we had a decent amount of cash in savings or checking in any US bank, that we should pull the money and invest in hard assets – things that will retain worth over the long term. Especially precious metals. He then quit his job, sold his house and moved himself and his wife and kids 2500 miles west. He now lives in the mountains of Colorado and works for a small podunk bank.

He was never specific about what scared him so bad that he bailed out and moved his whole world 2500 miles up into the mountains, only that “it would be a good idea” to pull whatever funds we could out of the bank and start buying PM’s, food, ammo, medical supplies, etc.. I trust his judgement enough to believe him when he says that Something Wicked This Way Comes…

So, we did. We kept about half our cash liquid and stashed in the safe. The other half, we invested in PM’s, ammo, meds, long term food, beefed up the orchard, heirloom seeds, hand tools, liquid fuel, the makings for candles, good oil lanterns and kerosene, etc…

Any cash you have in the bank is only earning 0.0001% interest anyway. It would be better to have it stuffed in a sock under your mattress – that way, you could at least get to it when you needed it. When the blowtorch of hyperinflation hits and there are runs on banks all over the US (and EBT cards stop working), it would pay dividends to have a wad of cash on hand, as well as PM’s…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1