Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
GeorgiaSaint
Veteran
member9

Brulen, don’t get your hopes up just yet. Roger Goodell is siding with the players. Personally, I wish Donald Trump had a clue on which issues to weigh into as President of the United States, and which issues to simply have “no comment.” But it’s truly “on” now between the NFL and Trump, and even the first major league baseball player took a knee (though he covered his heart with his cap). When owners, whole teams, and even significantly larger numbers of players opt to disrespect the national anthem itself in order to make a political statement against one man, we’ve got plenty of evidence that these days ain’t the old days, and the concept of a Constitutional Republic has been largely lost to history (which isn’t being taught for upcoming generations either). I wonder when we’ll see the playing of the national anthem actually disappear at major league sports events – or for that matter, high school games when some mommy protests that her would-be thug kid is “triggered.”

Speaking of hats, I say “hats off” to Alejandro Villanueva of the Pittsburgh Steelers. While all of his teammates stayed in the locker room during the playing of the national anthem, and his coach stood alone on the field, Villanueva came out and stood just outside the tunnel with his hand over he heart during the national anthem. He has three deployments to Afghanistan behind him as a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment prior to coming to the NFL. He has experience that allows him to “get it” in a way the snowflakes and thugs will never, ever “get.”
[Rant:OFF]

GS
"Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."