Profile photo of
Anonymous
Survivalist

Speaking of what they can read on your computer just using “electronic signatures,” if you really want an eye-opener, install “Lightbeam” software on your computer. Apparently it only works on Firefox browser, but if that’s what you use it’s quite worth installing – it’s free (though passive) privacy software. But knowledge is also power – It will show you who’s been seeing you. Within the past hour, I cleared it out completely so it showed zero internet connections. Since that time, I checked precious metals and the other markets, read a couple of quick news stories that linked from Google News, and came here – nothing at all out of the ordinary (except maybe for here). Including the SHTF site, I’ve visited 9 sites in less than an hour. And through those 9 sites, I’ve connected to 170 third-party sites in under an hour. The vast majority of them are tracking sites for advertising purposes, or …. (?)

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/mozillas-lightbeam-tool-will-expose-who-is-looking-over-your-shoulder-on-the-web-8902269.html

It is utterly amazing to the uninitiated (i.e. naive) internet user as to who’s watching, why, and how. Internet and privacy are mutually incompatible. Period. Even a VPN is no guarantee. (I certainly do wish that Selco, Toby, and crew, would at least use a secure web hosting company, though…. Anybody here foolishly using the same password they use anywhere else?)