Profile photo of
Anonymous
Survivalist

LT,
I just queried a good friend with plenty of military bio-warfare knowledge. Here’s what I got back (fairly edited in order to give nothing away about who this is to those that watch). With his background and experience, I suspect we can count heavily on this. Very interesting.

But the Bio weapons are not nearly as easy to use as chemical, and we know just how hard those are to use successfully. We found that most Bio weapons just disappear into the atmosphere if not released properly. Unless they are used in an enclosed environment (subway would be a true disaster) the wind will scatter them quickly. And if the sun comes out, most of the water based aerosol droplets evaporate and the entrained bio agents are no longer very effective. Has to do with particle size and what stays in the lungs and what is exhausted or goes into the stomach where acids destroy all agents. The Japanese cult Aum Shin Ryko (sp) tried to release Anthrax that they made from the top of a building in densely populated Tokyo and there were no injuries at all. That was when they later resorted to sarin gas in a subway.
Bio isn’t something I worry about now, other than smallpox. Most bio agents are not self propagating and so aren’t truly contagious from one person to another. But smallpox is, along with the hemmoraghic agents. Those are too complicated for most nations to develop and put into a usable release method, but smallpox isn’t. They didn’t have any a few decades ago when only the US and the USSR had samples. But that was decades ago and there’s no telling who the Soviets gave some of those samples too. And they had produced about 50 TONS of smallpox agent as part of their weaponizing campaign back in the late 70s and can not even determine where it is all stored. One of Yeltzin’s famous quotes to Bush, SR after he took over at the helm of Russia was that they had this weaponized, but even he as president didn’t know where it all was. So that one does scare me.
So keep up with your reserves, and keep a weather eye out on conditions in NK. But I wouldn’t sweat it that much. If I lived in DC, NYC, LA, or ATL, I might think twice.

At least that’s a LITTLE better outlook. Let’s just hope they haven’t figured out a way to really get the hemorrhagic diseases going to the degree that they can store it, import it, and deploy it. That WOULD shut things down quickly. Even though he’s not current, my friend’s knowledge is such that he’s not too worried about that though. Those of us outside cities, particularly large ones, are relatively safe from these nightmare scenarios, apparently – but as my friend said, keep up with our prepping! And don’t forget about an EMP. North Korea (or perhaps others) could quite possibly be only a relatively short time away from being able to lob a single device to a point about 250 miles over the central U.S., at which time the entire U.S. enters the time machine and goes back to the early 1800s – without the collective knowledge to live back then.