Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
GeorgiaSaint
Veteran
member9

Maybe it’s just been too long (nearly a half century), but I’m having trouble remembering why I liked living up there. Winters were pretty, the countryside beautiful in summer, but oh – those winters! I’m sure older age has at least something to do with it, but I wouldn’t take that cold now for anything in the world. I learned to drive in Buffalo, but wouldn’t want to try those tricks again ever in my lifetime. I’ll risk a little hydroplaning, and just slow down a bit, when driving down here. And on the extremely rare occasion (count ‘em on one hand in the past 30+ years since we came back to Georgia) that we get a couple of inches of snow on the road, Nancy Reagan’s old “just say no!” philosophy works just fine for me for 24-48 hours. LOL! But in all honesty, my hat’s off to Tolik, WB, Brulen, MB, and the others that stick it out in those areas. I recognize the benefits, it’s just that the cold and weather like today in the east, “trump” all the benefits (no pun intended, but recognized). ;-)

GS
"Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."