Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

Just be aware , as I’m sure you already know , but just because its made in America , doesnt necessarily make it any better . We put out a lot of crap also . Look at the car industry , International Ordinance is an example of a garbage AK. We also tend to overprice , Arsenal is a good example of that . As much as I like AKs , I personally wouldnt pay more than $600 for one . Think of it as an AR , in the respect that you can get a solid bare bones one , then customize it to make it yours . Arsenal is way too proud of their product , I’m all for things being made here , but at the same time , lets get real about it . $1000 + for an AK !!!?????? , sorry man , but for that money I can save up a tad bit more , and get something that is better , FAL comes to mind , many others as well . I’m a big fan of AKs , and own a few of them . At the same time , I like them because of what they were designed to do , which is be reliable under appalling conditions , with the lack of care , the Russians knew a red army conscript soldier would give it . Thats why the tolerances are so loose . They look mean , and are just fun to shoot . All mine are foreign , because I want to keep the traditional ‘ flavor ” of the AK intact . American companies sometimes try to ” improve ” the design , which ends up defeating its original purpose to a degree . Century has gotten a lot better over the years , and at least makes the attempt to keep prices reasonable .