Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
GeorgiaSaint
Veteran
member9

MB, if you’re up for some real intrigue and have never seen it, “3 Days of the Condor” (Redford and Dunaway, with Cliff Robertson and a fascinating character by Max von Sydow) is a must-see at least once in a lifetime. Totally disregard the age of the movie – other than its technological antiquity in a few spots (along with hairdos) – it’s just as relevant in 2017 as it was when it was produced – almost prophetic! Great movie. And if you enjoy it, try out “Sneakers,” also starring Redford. They lift so many things out of Condor it’s hilarious – from the very opening scenario to the telephone tracing scene, and much more (you’d have to watch both multiple times to get ‘em all, and I’m not sure we have).

Here? My wife is watching the end of the Downton Abbey marathon fund raiser for the public TV station. Me? Anything but! (Though the old dowager countess’ one-liners can be hilarious at times.) Regardless, midnight will hopefully be hosting pleasant dreams if the neighbors haven’t raided the Alabama fireworks stands and imported back some of their most powerful products…. Hopefully the rain will stifle those activities. ;-)

GS
"Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."