Whirlibird
Whirlibird
Survivalist
member10

Malgus I agree, but for most those reading this, I would hazard a guess that those tools are both beyond their ability to use and or store.

That $10-12K for tools/machines, for you or I, is one thing.

For most, a couple of parts kits, a couple of receivers, a couple of long winter evenings, viola.

Leaving $8K to put back water, food, medical supplies and more.

Heck, I don’t want to spend the time carving out a lower when they are available cheap. My time is better spent working on other things.

I’m looking at these as insurance items, against the possibility of need. Not a couple tons of scrap in the shed taking up valuable space and cash.

This isn’t about what we can do.

Heh..

You really see those things as “a couple tons of scrap in the shed, taking up valuable space and cash”?

I see them as an investment for the future. And ‘beyond their ability to use or store”… anyone wanting a small tabletop version of either can get them for a pittance. The basics can be learned in a day. I only cited the big machines because I can do the most with them. Small machines are very capable, portable and run on household current…

Each to his own.

As I said, for most reading this.
And they’re going to learn how to carve out a lower in a day? Climb cutting? Tool speeds in various metals?

Time and money better spent elsewhere for most.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Whirlibird Whirlibird.